Lady Gaga: 'IRON MAIDEN Changed My Life'

So she has some taste, then. I can't help wondering whether a gruesome cover version of something like '2 Minutes to Midnight' is on the horizon...

I don't see why metal fans are so threatened that a pop diva likes Iron Maiden.

Good for her, I'm glad she's a Maidenfan too. I'd go to a Maiden concert with her. I'd just politely avoid hers.

Well, I don't feel threatened by it. If she's a fan, that's good on her. The more the merrier!

But I don't want a pop cover of Two Minutes To Midnight, and that was all I commented on. Not that I think it will happen either.

Totally agree with @eddies wingman , really cool that she's a Maidenfan, we really just don't wanna see a pop maiden cover around,  and I see no problem in a pop singer go to a Maiden show, in March 26th I went to São Paulo's show for the Final Frontier and I admit that since I was born I hear Maiden, and then I got opportunity to go to a show, and it was really Fucking good sing those songs with other 55thousand people there. gotta say that I cried. kk

whetever, Gaga, pliz just don't make any cover all right? :ok:

I hope she does a Maiden cover because it will expose people (inderectly to Maiden).  For example, I became a fan of Jethro Tull, Nektar, and Goldern Earring from the covers Maiden did.  I doubt Gaga will do as good of a cover as Maiden did for these bands, but it good IMO for artists to cover bands that influenced them.

Why? Is Lady GaGa liking Maiden really that bad? I know you're joking but still, I'm sure there are far worse people listening to Iron Maiden.

I'm glad she is a 'fellow Maiden fan.'  But of course she is.  How can anyone be exposed to Maiden and not like them?  This makes her a lot more tolerable in my book.  I still don't understand why she is so popular, though. Her music [what I've heard of it] is not so great.  But to each there own.  As for a cover?  Sure, that would probably be pretty funny.

Eddies Wingman said:
But I don't want a pop cover of Two Minutes To Midnight, and that was all I commented on. Not that I think it will happen either.

+1

@MaidenCanada

Iron Maiden don't belong to MAINSTREAM press because they are now LEGENDARY bend not MAINSTREAM band and there's a very big difference between LEGENDARY and MAINSTREAM bands or musicians.They don't try to appeal 1000000 people,they make music that they like and they are fuckin' here for fans,that is the codex of IRON MAIDEN institution.

but poking their head into the mainstream here and there in the way gaga has helped with just to say 'hi, were above you  :ok:'
isnt a bad thing atall  lol.
  i actually see gaga as pops maiden, shes a bit outrageous she explores the more theatrical and she has a growing loyalty in her fans that dont just see her as a meatdress wearing wierdo. As in the early 80s maiden fans didnt see them as satanist cult leaders  ::)
  no her musics nowhere near as good for us but i think pop is to some what metal is to us, a bit of eccentricity is a good thing and fairplay to the girl for going out and enjoying a good show by the best.
        had a look over her new album and she seems to be sticking to her mix of pop progishness and club songs so seemingly no danger yet... although a song called electric chapel has a guitar in it  :lol:

jonnytron said:
but poking their head into the mainstream here and there in the way gaga has helped with just to say 'hi, were above you  :ok:'
isnt a bad thing atall   lol.
   i actually see gaga as pops maiden, shes a bit outrageous she explores the more theatrical and she has a growing loyalty in her fans that dont just see her as a meatdress wearing wierdo. As in the early 80s maiden fans didnt see them as satanist cult leaders  ::)
   no her musics nowhere near as good for us but i think pop is to some what metal is to us, a bit of eccentricity is a good thing and fairplay to the girl for going out and enjoying a good show by the best.
         had a look over her new album and she seems to be sticking to her mix of pop progishness and club songs so seemingly no danger yet... although a song called electric chapel has a guitar in it  :lol:

Pop fans (in generally) are not even half loyal like metalheads,because metal music got a much deeper messages full with emotions,reallity and anger and pop music was always for dancing and entertaiment.

At least Gaga writes her own stuff, whether you like her music or not, she does have talent.

Glad she respects and enjoys Maiden, hopefully she'll introduce some of her more adventurous fans to the band as well...

For the fact that nobody can stand her, there has been a lot of talk about Lady GaGa here recently.  :huh:

She was the musical guest and appeared in a few skits on Saturday Night Live this past week.  I thought she was good in the skits and can see some talent in her songs (still do not care for the style of music).  I think she is a step ahead of many of the airheaded bimbos in pop music, still not planning on buying any of her albums though :)

BruceBruceSRB said:
Pop fans (in generally) are not even half loyal like metalheads,because metal music got a much deeper messages full with emotions,reallity and anger and pop music was always for dancing and entertaiment.
I don't know if I can agree with that. I know several Lady GaGa fans and they are extremely loyal.

Back