Killers: individual album judgement by yours truly

Yes, I couldn't find it on Youtube today.
If you are interested on it, let me know. I could try to send it to you in some way.

Meanwhile I found an interesting discussion by The Metal Voice show talking about Killers for its 40th anniversary.
Blatant ignorance from Jimmy re: Prodigal Son though, around the 9th minute.
Unforgivable, after all those interviews with 70s members :bigsmile:

Last edited:
1. I've only heard most of the songs on Killers (and Iron Maiden) only once.
2. I don't like live albums (Made in Japan is a major exception).
You must listen these albums more than once mate. I know it's a different line up and it's different to the rest of the albums with Bruce, but the speed, the energy, the raw, and the creativity is unbelievable. Along with Maiden Japan, you could listen Live + one or some of these bootlegs of the early 80's. They're awesome.

There are fantastic live albums ot there like Live After Death from Maiden, Unleashed in the East (Judas Priest) Live and Dangerous (Thin Lizzy) Strangers in the Night (UFO)…

You must listen these albums more than once mate.
Don't worry, I'm going to listen to them very soon. I found vinyl rips of all the studio albums until Fear of the Dark, and the two I've heard (Piece of Mind and Powerslave) absolutely destroy any of the CD's. There's no contest. As a result, I'm going to go back to every single one of those albums.

Live After Death from Maiden
I really don't like Live After Death. One of the main things that puts me off live albums is the vocals, and Bruce was in very bad shape here.
Unleashed in the East (Judas Priest)
Unleashed in the East is fun! I still prefer the studio albums, but I occasionally listen to it from time to time.

The reason I mentioned Made in Japan is because that's the only live album I've heard where I prefer the live songs to their studio versions. The live Highway Star is way more fun than the one on Machine Head.

I have to disagree with you about Live after Death and Bruce shape. But I respect your taste and opinion, of course.

I really don't like Live After Death. One of the main things that puts me off live albums is the vocals, and Bruce was in very bad shape here.
I agree with you quite a bit, but it’s actually a really enjoyable album once you really start to get into it. I purchased it on a whim and have regrets. Bruce definitely struggles, but not enough for it to sound painful to listen through, and the performances of “Flight of Icarus” and “Rime of the Ancient Mariner” are worth the price alone.

@lira on Killers, elsewhere:

1613077093427.png

Didn't know about Dennis' contribution to Prodigal Son but as far as I remember both Wrathchild and Innocent Exile feature uncredited contributions by Dave Sullivan and Terry Rance, and Ides, apart from being a Steve / Barry collaboration, had something to do with a melody idea by Tony Moore.

Last edited:
Jenkin's Barn is a joke from Nicko, the song was never called that. And Purkis contributing a drum roll is not deserving of a writing credit.

Jenkin's Barn is a joke from Nicko, the song was never called that. And Purkis contributing a drum roll is not deserving of a writing credit.
I thought the joke predated Nicko but you might be right, I don't know for sure.
As for Barry's drum roll, it's the track's spine, not some short drum idea in a seven minutes track.

I thought the joke predated Nicko but you might be right, I don't know for sure.
As for Barry's drum roll, it's the track's spine, not some short drum idea in a seven minutes track.

The guitar part from the Police's Every Breath You Take is the hook of the entire song but doesn't get a writing credit because it's based off Stings chords, as are thundersticks drum fills based off the only chord pattern in the Ides of March.

Re: joke, yeah I just presumed it was from Listen With Nicko, but it's definitely a joke title, like when they were calling Benjamin Breeg the Rime of Billy Bunter, it's cockney rhyming slang, there's no way they'd call the track Jenkin's Barn for some legitimate reason and then at a later date decide to change the name, and by a massive coincidence it just happened to rhyme with Genghis Khan. It would be like if someone said Steve had originally written a track called the Slumber of the Yeast but he decided to change the name.

The guitar part from the Police's Every Breath You Take is the hook of the entire song but doesn't get a writing credit because it's based off Stings chords, as are thundersticks drum fills based off the only chord pattern in the Ides of March.

Re: joke, yeah I just presumed it was from Listen With Nicko, but it's definitely a joke title, like when they were calling Benjamin Breeg the Rime of Billy Bunter, it's cockney rhyming slang, there's no way they'd call the track Jenkin's Barn for some legitimate reason and then at a later date decide to change the name, and by a massive coincidence it just happened to rhyme with Genghis Khan. It would be like if someone said Steve had originally written a track called the Slumber of the Yeast but he decided to change the name.
In that case EMI's / Maiden's lawyers should have demanded full Harris credits for Thunderburst.
And of course it's a joke title.

Back