Jupz's Top 50!

I wouldn't mind doing this too, one day. The only problem is that I have already written reviews for all the songs (in the topics where most people have done that), and also for the first 10 albums in this topic:

General Album Ratings
(To all newbies, check out this topic, you may find it interesting.)

It was fun reading this all the way down to #1!

I will do one in the future, but I'm not too good at reviewing things, though...

Jupz said:
2. Hallowed Be Thy Name
I love how Bruce extends the last line ("Life down here is just a strange illlllluuussssiiiiooooonnnn") live, very chilling.

The way he sings it live is better than in the studio version IMO.

That line you mention is one of the lines that are better live. Another is "Catch my soul, it's willing to flyyyy awaaaaay". And we have "I've gone beyond to see the truth, yeah yeah". And of course "Don't I believe that there never is and end nooooooo". Aaaaand, "if there's a god, why has he let me gooooooooo".

It gets more dramatic. More emotional. But what a song. I don't think I will ever get tired of it. I'm listening to it now, it's just mindblowing. The perfect song, and I wish they will end every future concert with it.

Powerslave is 4th in my book, truly a masterpiece.

It was fun to read Jupz !  :) Maybe I'll do it also, but I don't think it's going to happen :bigsmile:

Agree with everyone here, thanks be to Jupz! Incredibly interesting reading, definitely spurred on some good discussions, and even if I didn't agree with everything, I think there was a lot to commend in there. Definitely like our shared love of the Longest Day!

:ok:

Been away for a week and just read your #1 right now.  I am thrilled with the selection Jupz!!  Powerslave is exactly all those things you described.  It is a journey that goes from huge powerful riffs and a melodious trance like mid section, back to the power and out with perhaps Maidens most emotional song outro.
    So glad to see a super intelligent young Maiden fan such as yourself appreciating the golden age songs this much.  You have delighted and intrigued us all.  Great stuff...............

bornless1 said:
  Been away for a week and just read your #1 right now.  I am thrilled with the selection Jupz!!  Powerslave is exactly all those things you described.  It is a journey that goes from huge powerful riffs and a melodious trance like mid section, back to the power and out with perhaps Maidens most emotional song outro.
    So glad to see a super intelligent young Maiden fan such as yourself appreciating the golden age songs this much.  You have delighted and intrigued us all.  Great stuff...............
Thanks bornless, glad you agree with the choice!

The Flash said:
I have a 145 song list  :bigsmile:

My Top 15 at the moment :

1. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
2. Hallowed Be Thy Name
3. Starblind
4. Powerslave
5. Phantom of the Opera
6. Paschendale
7. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
8. Infinite Dreams
9. Caught Somewhere in Time
10. Alexander the Great
11. Stranger in a Strange Land
12. Sign of the Cross
13. Children of the Damned
14. Dance of Death
15. To Tame a Land

Wow !! Your list just freaked me out a little bit as it seems remarkably similar to my top 15 (12 the same - if not in the same order) :

1) Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
2) Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
3) Hallowed Be Thy Name
4) Phantom Of The Opera
5) Powerslave
6) Revelations
7) Paschendale
8) Alexander The Great
9) Starblind
10) Where Eagles Dare
11) Caught Somewhere In Time
12) Infinite Dreams