Judas Priest

...And mister Halford did it! Yet Maiden boys remain silent in Ivory Towers. Clearly doesn't want to alienate it's Mordor fans. Such a shame, if you ask me.

Is it right to believe
In the need to be free
It's a time when you die
And without asking why
Can't you see what they do
They are grinding us down
They are taking our land
That belongs to the clans

Not alone with a dream
Just a want to be free
With a need to belong
I am a clansman

Freedom
Freedom
Freedom
Freedom
I've already burned all my Iron Maiden merch and spent every living, breathing moment fantasizing about the day I can finally listen to a band that stands against war and savagery. But for now, I silently weep myself to sleep knowing Iron Maiden basically stands with Nazis in their silence. Absolutely SICKENING! I thought they were good guys too (Iron Maiden) but in their silence, they stand with the shadow of HITLER (need not remind everyone who that is).

A while ago I made a shortened version of Nostradamus, with the good interludes merged with the real songs and some real songs and bad interludes cut off.

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab1fKygpQ1E&list=PL35LjZ8wshhP0pv8VjMNiCrGzulmey_ZJ

While I love the original version, this one flows much smoother IMO. @dmort93, check it out.

The album is very patchy for me overall but the actual song 'Nostradamus' is a banger! I wish Priest played it live.
Yeah, too many interludes (some are cool) - they should have merged most of them with the songs, but the album has its own unique atmosphere.
Underrated album with some amazing songs imo. I can't believe they didn't play the title track live (and the ''great'' songs in my list below). They had an idea to play the whole album live and then they only played 2 songs from it(!)... although they played a good amount of deep cuts in 2008/2009.

If I have to rank the songs:

Great: the title track, ''Revelations'', ''Persecution'', ''Future Of Mankind'', ''Visions''
Very good: ''Conquest'', ''Alone''
Good: ''Prophecy''
Decent: ''Exiled'' (interesting song), ''New Beginnings'', the song with the chorus in a foreign language (weird decision, could have been higher in the list)
Bad: ''Death''
Fillers (maybe even unnecessary songs for the album): ''War'', ''Lost Love''

Rob: new Priest album will arrive in 2024 and it sounds amazing

I'm really looking forward to it.

''When you're in a band, you're always trying to better yourself; you're always trying to say, 'This is the best album we've ever made.' It's just a natural thing to do. And I'm aware of the great success and love that was given to 'Firepower'. And so how do you deal with that? Well, firstly, you have to let that go. You have to let that go, because it's like you're chasing after something that's elusive. What's the point of trying to emulate something that you've already done? We've just gotta do like we've always done with Priest, the way that every album has its own concept, every album has its own thing. 'British Steel' isn't 'Painkiller'; 'Painkiller' isn't 'Point Of Entry'; 'Point Of Entry' isn't 'Nostradamus'. So this album is shaping up to be its own thing. It's great. It's a really good album, and I know our fans are gonna love it. All the music is done. I've got the album here in front of me, on my laptop, and it sounds amazing, which you expect every musician to say. But I've really gotta do my work now and make sure that what I do relates to the great work that the guys have done. So, it's coming together. It'll be ready when it's ready. But we're trying to stick on a timeline''.

About some solo shows, he said why not, but he would like to do it only with his original band members. Priest is his destiny and it's first and foremost.

Got Firepower on at the moment. Some great tracks on there! The title track, Lightning Strike, Evil Never Dies, Never the Heroes, Rising from Ruins, Spectre and No Surrender etc

Got Firepower on at the moment. Some great tracks on there! The title track, Lightning Strike, Evil Never Dies, Never the Heroes, Rising from Ruins, Spectre and No Surrender etc
''Traitors Gate''? Richie said that the new album will have some longer songs and I hope it will have epic sounding songs like this one, ''Rising From Ruins'' and ''Halls Of Valhalla''; I was pleasantly surprised. These are some of my favorite songs of the band and I'd say they're a bit different for their traditional style (the last 2 albums actually, especially the latest one) - they have a Maiden vibe. Not to mention ''Sword Of Damocles''. Maybe that's because Richie is a co-writer, a great one at that. What I mean, 5-6 minutes long songs with different parts and intros that could have been even longer. Bruce's ''Darkside Of Aquarius'' is such an example. ''Sea Of Red'' too.

I really hope the new album will be as strong as Firepower.
Evening Star
''Evening Star'' is a typical 70's nice melodic song imo.

Back