Judas Priest

Glenn about Maiden: ''I think it was a natural progression, that’s the phrase I would use. They took what we had done and made it their own. It’s important to be very easily recognizable when you’re writing songs. You know that you’re successful, I think, when you hear yourself on the radio and it’s easily recognizable. I think that Maiden did that. They’re very influenced by Priest, but they did it in their own way, and all credit to them for that''.

His solo in ''Beyond The Realms Of Death'' is one of his favorites. KK's solo in this song is also great, btw.

Has it ever happened before ''You've Got Another Thing Comin''' to be so early in the setlist? It is usually saved for the encores.
My recollection is that it had been "demoted" to the main set pre-ecnore during Firepower tour, but yeah its being played so early in the setlist is a bit surprising.

According to Richie, the song that best describes Priest is ''Victim Of Changes''. I think I agree with him - heavy riffs, twin-guitar harmonies in the intro, screaming vocals, wild solo... although the trademark guitar duel is missing.

His favorite song from his favorite Priest album is ''The Sentinel''. I thought it was ''Rock Hard Ride Free''.

^ These two songs are the ones he loves to play live the most.

The new Priest album is completely written. They just need to record it now.

I'm really curious with what they will follow-up the amazing Firepower. Rob and Richie mentioned that the album will be more progressive and this increased my curiosity - if the album will contain more long songs, I would love this. The last time they wrote a few long songs (approx. 7 minutes long) was for the Nostradamus album and they are great.

Tony Harnell (ex-TNT vocalist) says he was in consideration to replace Rob.

It would have been 50/50 imo, his high voice resembles Rob's voice in the 70's though.

I agree with pretty much all the hate for the Rock ‘n‘ Roll Hall of Fame, but I must admit, I do feel just a little bit better about the world today knowing that Judas Priest got in. They are under a special category, “Musical Excellence,” which is different than the “Performer” category in which the more widely popular acts got inducted, but whatever. No matter what you think of the honor, great or small, Priest is still deserving.

So is Pat Benatar, one of my favorite rock singers of all time, regardless of sex. Congrats to her as well, long long overdue.

I agree with pretty much all the hate for the Rock ‘n‘ Roll Hall of Fame, but I must admit, I do feel just a little bit better about the world today knowing that Judas Priest got in. They are under a special category, “Musical Excellence,” which is different than the “Performer” category in which the more widely popular acts got inducted, but whatever. No matter what you think of the honor, great or small, Priest is still deserving.
^ This. Btw, I'm not sure if Maiden will ever be inducted, given Bruce's comments about it..., not that it matters.
It'll be interesting to see what happens as KK will be inducted with them. Maybe they'll finally put their old man nonsense to one side
I doubt it, but it will be great if KK play some classics with Priest on stage once again.

Is it a new category invented just to induct Priest ? because they just reached 300k votes and went 5th. Weird everything
Anyway…good for them if they wanted. I just hope that they don't receive a 5 seconds applause and pass to Lionel Ritchie, Duran Duran…It could be a kind of grammy shit treatment.

Delighted is the word :lol:

Is it a new category invented just to induct Priest ? because they just reached 300k votes and went 5th. Weird everything
Anyway…good for them if they wanted. I just hope that they don't receive a 5 seconds applause and pass to Lionel Ritchie, Duran Duran…It could be a kind of grammy shit treatment.

Delighted is the word :lol:
Not a new category. Randy Rhoads got it last year. It was originally meant as a “sideman” award. Priest will be the 2nd band to receive the award. The first was Springsteen’s E Street Band. Not him, his band….Good that they’re in but this is kind of a slight in my eyes….not good enough to be put in as a performers

RNR HOF has lost its meaning and point. No matter if you like rap/hip hop or not, those genres are not rock and roll, yet artists from those genres consistently get in but metal artists don't. Just call it music hall of fame or something like that.

BiSW7SQ.gif

Not a new category. Randy Rhoads got it last year. It was originally meant as a “sideman” award. Priest will be the 2nd band to receive the award. The first was Springsteen’s E Street Band. Not him, his band….Good that they’re in but this is kind of a slight in my eyes….not good enough to be put in as a performers
Yeah, I kinda wonder what went on here, maybe a group of Hall voters got annoyed that Priest was getting snubbed and said fine, screw you, we are putting them in anyway under a different category—I dunno. Perhaps more details will come out. Anyway, Halford issued a statement in which he seemed quite pleased by the honor, so if he’s happy I’m not going to lose sleep over it.

Back