Judas Priest

To me British Steel feels like Maiden's Powerslave. Even the sound is somewhat similar (or rhythm guitar playing style) [don't know how to properly explain it] In any case, production on both albums kicks major ass.

Last edited:
50 Heavy Metal Years box set arrived yesterday, it looks great, some of the CD cases have the tracks in the wrong order for the live shows, which I find somewhat funny. Haven't had a chance to give it all a listen but the package is pretty great overall. One issue is the 2CD albums packaging is a little tough to get the CDs out of.

I am with Tipton on British Steel and Sin After Sin. :edmetal:
I'm with Hill (Defenders of the Faith and British Steel), Faulkner (Defenders of the Faith and Painkiller) and last but not least, Tipton (British Steel, Painkiller, Sin After Sin).

If only three, I'd do these, from every decade one: Sin, Defenders, Painkiller.

I'm with Hill (Defenders of the Faith and British Steel), Faulkner (Defenders of the Faith and Painkiller) and last but not least, Tipton (British Steel, Painkiller, Sin After Sin).

If only three, I'd do these, from every decade one: Sin, Defenders, Painkiller.

If I had to choose 1 from each decade:
70s: Stained Class
80s: Screaming For Vengeance or Defenders(too hard to pick lol)
90s: Painkiller

50 Heavy Metal Years box set arrived yesterday, it looks great, some of the CD cases have the tracks in the wrong order for the live shows, which I find somewhat funny. Haven't had a chance to give it all a listen but the package is pretty great overall. One issue is the 2CD albums packaging is a little tough to get the CDs out of.
So, what's your take on the new live material?

So, what's your take on the new live material?
Only listened to 3 of them thus far.

79' Mudd Club was absolutely phenomenal, Victim of Changes and Beyond The Realms of Death from that one are unreal performances. Deliving The Goods and Green Manalishi from that show was also great. Short show (only 48 minutes or so) but a high quality one. I will be revisiting this one.

90' Los Angeles was also good, of the 3 I listened to it was the least favourite, another shorter set, it has several live debuts by the band which is cool to have as well

Irvine 1991 was another super strong show, I was amazed by Halfords ability to deliver the vocals in songs like All Guns Blazing. I will be revisiting this one.

I hope to get through the rest in the next month or so.

Reactions: Yax
Listening to the Denver show from 1980, it features the live debut of Living After Midnight. The show itself has a lower recording volume, I think this was early in the tour as Halford doesn't sound super on it vocally. It is a good show but it defintely shows their change in sound quite evidently.

Ex-Accept Singer David Reece Says He Was In Consideration To Replace Rob Halford In Judas Priest

''I'm on the phone with [PRIEST co-manager] Jayne every two days. I'm in contention with Ralf Scheepers and Tim Owens. It came down to, like, three or four guys, and I was one of those guys. And in those days, I had done SIRCLE OF SILENCE and some really heavy, intense, SABBATH-y kind of stuff, and Glenn Tipton went, 'That guy's got it. Let's get him over to England.' It never came into fruition, but I was still the guy people were thinking about''.

I like how the ''Priest sign'' (on the cover of the box) has the album covers artworks on it.
It is a really nice touch!

Just listening to Live In Atlanta 1982 from the set, it is quite strong, Halford sounds strong than he did on the 1980 and 1981 recordings. That leaves the 86 and 88 live shows along with the compilation of random live and and studio outtakes to listen to. Well and the Ripper live albums...

The 1988 show is one of my fav boots. Halford's high notes are more ferocious than he has ever achieved before or since. It's a quissential Halford performance.

OZZY OSBOURNE's European Tour with JUDAS PRIEST Postponed To 2023 :facepalm:

Ozzy Osbourne's previously announced European tour dates with guests JUDAS PRIEST, originally set for 2019, have once again been postponed. All tickets remain valid and will be honored for new dates in May and June 2023.

Ozzy says: "Due to the ongoing uncertainty with full capacity events and travel logistics in much of Europe, we have come to the difficult decision to postpone my 2022 tour to 2023. Original tickets remain valid for the new dates. I want to thank all of you and JUDAS PRIEST for your continued patience and support."

A complete list of shows can be found at this location.

Back in 2019, Ozzy was forced to postpone his "No More Tours 2" European run with JUDAS PRIEST due to his ongoing health issues. Then last year, Osbourne delayed his farewell tour following injuries he received from falling in his Los Angeles home while battling pneumonia. That fall "aggravated years-old injuries" from an ATV accident that occurred in 2003. Soon after, he was forced to cancel his European dates as his recovery took longer than anticipated.

Earlier this year, it was revealed that Ozzy was due to undergo a major surgery to help correct neck and spine issues following a 2019 fall. Those injuries have continued to keep legendary heavy metal singer from performing.

Less than a year after Ozzy's fall, the family revealed publicly that the BLACK SABBATHfrontman had been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.

In July 2020, Ozzy said that he was still "not back to 100 percent" after suffering from several medical issues last year, including a fall, neck surgery and hospitalization for the flu. Ozzy also said that he was looking forward to performing again once he has regained his health and the coronavirus pandemic has subsided. The BLACK SABBATH singer had previously canceled all his 2019 tour plans, and the rescheduled 2020 shows were also scrapped.

In May 2020, Ozzy's son Jack said that his father will "probably" retire "within the next five to ten years." But Ozzy, who will turn 73 in December, has repeatedly said that he is not calling it quits, despite the fact that his "No More Tours 2" — whenever it ends up happening — is being billed as his last major global trek.

Ozzy was also forced to cancel an April 2020 trip to Switzerland to see a doctor who specializes in treatment of Parkinson's disease.

ozzyjudaspriest2023poster.jpg

:lol:

Just accept it, this is never happening and give us a refund.

My tickets were bought on 5 Sep 2018, the date now is just short of 5 years later :lol:
This is so wrong. Let folks who want a refund get one. This is ridiculous. Hopefully this means Priest will be able to finish the NA Tour sooner rather than later, depending on the Falcon's health.

Back