Judas Priest

I'd like to know the total benefits, just to know one number more.
The average of people per show is 8.000 aprox. Really good.

I wonder if a DVD (and a live album) will be released from this tour. It would be a huge honour for Andy Sneap.

I'd like to know the total benefits, just to know one number more.
The average of people per show is 8.000 aprox. Really good.
Where are you getting that number from? They've been playing pretty small venues. The venue I saw them at had a capacity of 5k, and wasn't sold out. The Joint in Las Vegas has a capacity of 4k.

1.260.000 people / 145 shows = 8.689 people per show
Yeah I know the low attendance in North America but they've touring 3 years, maybe some festivals in Europe…

K I see it now. I’m at work and Twitter is blocked.

That number seems to be a little large. I don’t think any of the shows on this last go around would have hit 8k.

I counted at least 17 festivals last summer so…
Let's suppose that the average in attendance per festival are 35.000 people:
17 x 35.000 = 595.000 people.
If suppose that the average in attendance in the rest of the shows are 3.500 people:
128 x 3.500 = 448.000 people

595.000 + 448.000 = 1.043.000 people. Its a close number.
At the begining I thought the same as you (too much people) but it's really possible.

K I see it now. I’m at work and Twitter is blocked.

That number seems to be a little large. I don’t think any of the shows on this last go around would have hit 8k.

There is a massive outlier in the tour, a free festival in Poland with an attendance of 250,000. That brings down the average to a little over 7000 and they did also play many festivals.

You can find some official boxscores here:

I think Billboard no longer reports boxscores below a certain attendance; that is why there are so few available from Judas Priest's tour.

There is a massive outlier in the tour, a free festival in Poland with an attendance of 250,000. That brings down the average to a little over 7000 and they did also play many festivals.

You can find some official boxscores here:

I think Billboard no longer reports boxscores below a certain attendance; that is why there are so few available from Judas Priest's tour.
I would be curious to see the true average without the festivals.

K.K. Downing will play with Ross The Boss at Bloodstock Festival next month. This will be his first appearance since he left Priest in 2011.

They will perform an hour-long set that's expected to include at least 4 Priest songs.

More info here:

Back