Judas Priest

Don't know about that one...
c6c.jpg

Love that gear vid. I'm not a gear freak and forget half of what's discussed, but I like how we can find out how the sounds are created for certain song parts. E.g. that Take These Chains bit.... :wub: (starts here)

I want one with the Maiden guys!

Last edited:
Love that gear vid. I'm not a gear freak and forget half of what's discussed, but I like how we can find out how the sounds are created for certain song parts. E.g. that Take These Chains bit.... :wub: (starts here)

I want one with the Maiden guys!
Yeah, a Maiden one would be ace.

This is the closest I could find, but it's not as good as the JP episode as it is with the guitar tech, not Dave:

Some curious bits from Faulkner's answers to a fans questions (from his Twitter account):

- he is a big fan of the UFO albums with Schenker (he do not like so much his solo stuff with MSG).
- he thinks that UFO should have been bigger than they ended up being.
- his favorite UFO songs are: Let It Roll, This Kid's and Out In The Street.
- according to him the solo in UFO's song Rock Bottom is seminal. The solo in Lights Out (the song) is one of Schenker's best.
- he loves to play in arenas and theatres.
- his favorite female singers are: Stevie Nicks, Tina Turner, Lzzy Hale, Aretha Franklin and Billie Holiday.
- his favorite Priest album cover is Killing Machine or Screaming For Vengeance.
- his favorite Priest songs are: Victim Of Changes, Sinner, Devil's Child, The Sentinel, Hell Patrol, Rising From Ruins and Sea Of Red.
- his favorite Priest songs to play live are: The Sentinel, Victim Of Changes, Sinner, Devil's Child, Painkiller, Night Comes Down, Freewheel Burning and of course the songs he co-wrote.
- his favorite solo by him on Firepower is the one in Rising From Ruins, Traitors Gate or the one in Sea Of Red.
- his favorite songs from ROS album are HOV, SOD, Cold Blooded and Battle Cry/ from Firepower are the title track, RFR, SOR and Evil Never Dies.
- he thinks the song Tears Of Blood (from the ROS bonus CD) would be good live.
- his favorite song from the Ripper era is Hell Is Home.
- his favorite Priest live album is Unleashed In The East.... and Battle Cry.
- he really wants to play the solo in Ram It Down live (brutal solos!).
- his favorite song from Rob solo albums is Resurrection.
- he has played in a cover band with Les Binks.
- he is a Tottenham Hotspur fan./ Ian Hill is a fan of West Bromwich Albion.
- his favorite Metallica album is Master Of Puppets, but he also really love ...And Justice For All.
- he is ok with the Metallica albums from the 90's.
- his favorite Motörhead song is Damage Case or Overkill.
- he is a fan of the band Ghost.
- he thinks Accept are a great band.
- he never been into KISS.
- his first guitar was a Mustang Stratocaster.
- his favorite songs with Dio on vocals are: Heaven And Hell, Stargazer, Gates Of Babylon and Don't Talk To Strangers.
- his favorite era of Black Sabbath is with Ozzy.
- he has no intentions to release a instrumental solo album in the future.
- he always was more into Rainbow than Deep Purple.
- the guitarists that has the biggest influence on him are: Hendrix and Schenker are the top 2. Hetfield, Murray/Smith and Wylde were also a big influencers. Blackmore, Rhoads, Gilmour, Tipton/Downing, Gorham/Robertson, Brian May, Iommi and Slash too.
- the bands that have a big influence on him are: UFO, Metallica, Rainbow, Priest, Maiden, Queen, Pink Floyd, Thin Lizzy, Bryan Adams....
- the best concert he ever attended was Metallica at Knebworth or Maiden.
- he like the style of playing of Akira Takasaki from Loudness.
- his favorite songs with Randy Rhoads are: Diary Of A Madman, I Don't Know and Over The Mountain.
- two of his favorite Maiden songs ever are LOTLDR and 22AA.
-> he would've loved to join Maiden.

And now something about Maiden:

Q: Is Maiden a Prog or Metal band or a bit of both ?

Faulkner: I’d say after 40 years, they’ve passed through a few different flavours. Punky and proggy being a couple. But ultimately they are a metal band for sure.

Q: Your favorite Maiden song ?

Faulkner: Love the entire Somewhere In Time album! Every track on that I love. Seventh Son has some of my favs too, Moonchild, Infinite Dreams and The Clairvoyant being some of my faves. Then there’s obv Phantom, Hallowed, Prowler, Genghis Khan and stuff too.

Last edited:
Back