Judas Priest

I must admit I haven't had the patience to listen to the full thing either, only half of it. I'm not making any assumption yet, I plan on listening to it very soon. The only thing I remember about it was the bad production. Listening to the first song right now, it feels like there's a ton of clipping going on.

I've heard the album in full 3 times. The first time was when I first heard it, and the other two times were when I was outside listening to it on my ipod. There are some great songs on the album, but I think it is patchy and inconsistent...

The first time was when I first heard it
Can I say sheesh now?
smiley-face-whistle-2.gif

*runs wild in opposite direction of England*

Can I say sheesh now?
smiley-face-whistle-2.gif

*runs wild in opposite direction of England*

Why? I've heard several people saying they've never listened to the full album in it's entirety, not even on the first listen. Or are you saying you were unaware of that fact? Sheesh indeed! :lol:

Oh, and for your information, I don't live in England, so I'm not sure why you're running away from there... :p

Never assume anything, young Padawan. lol ;) I'm sure you live very far away from me anyway, so there's no need to be running away. :p

Assuming that? ;)

Not really, more of an educated guess, based on him running from England thinking I lived there. :p

That sounds you live in New Zealand or Australia. Nah, that's not what I am assuming.

Chance would be a fine thing! :p Though I'm not sure I could stand the heat to live in either of those places...

I am actually part English (due to that being my mother's nationality), but I've never lived there. lol

Turbo? I think the last Priest album discussion I was involved in here was Sin After Sin, so that's a few I've missed in the meantime! lol

If you (or anyone else) wants to talk about previous albums in the discussion thread, by all means. I have no problem talking about older albums.

If you (or anyone else) wants to talk about previous albums in the discussion thread, by all means. I have no problem talking about older albums.

Thanks. :) I don't want to disrupt the flow of the thread though. lol

I must admit I haven't had the patience to listen to the full thing either, only half of it. I'm not making any assumption yet, I plan on listening to it very soon. The only thing I remember about it was the bad production. Listening to the first song right now, it feels like there's a ton of clipping going on.

I've never really gotten why the production in metal today has such a ridiculous amount of clipping in it. It's not that hard to normalize audio after all.

Like what the fuck is this bullshit:

Capture.PNG

Not at all impossible to repair clipping, don't know why they choose to ignore that. It's not only Metal, actually, it's almost any newer production except maybe Classical and calmer music genres (?).

Majority of Nostradamus listened, I don't want to go too in-depth right now but it's really amazing. Only now do I realise how sad it is they decided to drop the experimentation element and go with the usual. The symphonic touches and different scales work very well. Take "The Awakening" for example: what a gorgeous song.

Back