Judas Priest

I don't - I think it has with Glenn and Jayne Andrews (assistant band manager since the 80's, and supposedly nowadays Glenn's girlfriend). Remember when the whole Baxter debacle went down, right before Rob fired him? He posted something along the lines that we'll take the KK approach and watch how the Jayne and Glenn show plays out. KK has pretty much said that (part of the reason) he left because of tensions with certain band member(s).

I really hope that isn't the case. Then again, there are several examples of band members having wives/girlfriends in positions where they have power and influence over the band's business, which has then ultimately caused a rift between band members. So if that is part of the reason, then it wouldn't surprise me...

Last edited:
One of the best Priest choruses ever: The Future of Mankind! :notworthy:
Interesting. Don't love that chorus, but your post got me thinking. With a couple of famous exceptions ("Heading Out on the Highway," "Living After Midnight"), Judas Priest doesn't really do great choruses - or, put another way, they don't write memorable melodies for their choruses. Often they just bark out the title of the song and repeat it a few times (too many examples to mention, but "Freewheel Burning," "You've Got Another Thing Coming" and "Breaking the Law" are among the most famous). Even my favorite songs don't have great choruses. Hm. Probably why I rate Priest lower than others.

Great soloing as well.
I do like the guitar solos (duet, really) on that one.

Revelations, Persecution and Alone - all magnificent songs.
"Death" is awesome
:yawn: Someone needs to go back and listen to Sad Wings or Painkiller.

Last edited:
It's not really cool when Iron Maiden does it either. I think CFH's comments apply to Maiden too, I wouldn't consider a lot of their choruses to be a strong point. SSOASS is a good example of that.

Glenn starts to look and (even more frightening) talk like Ozzy.

EDIT: That part about Lee is great!
@Perun @national acrobat you guys should check it out, brings back some memories!

Starts at 5.36.

Last edited:
Glenn looks so tiny in that video, he's really starting to sound old as well :eek: I can see the Ozzy comparison, both still retaining a brummie accent certainly.

Haven't watched the whole thing yet ,but the mentions of Christopher Lee are making me anticipate some comment about killing Saxons! I expect I will be disappointed though :(

Disappointed like you're expecting an epic burger but land a very tasty pizza instead?
I can handle that type of disappointment.

Disappointed like you're expecting an epic burger but land a very tasty pizza instead?
I can handle that type of disappointment.

I'm not a pizza person, but for the sake of the analogy, yes :p It's still awesome, but in a different way.

Halls of Valhalla sounds promising, hopefully the best of the three. Cool solo and a nice Halford scream. It's sad that so far no great Tipton solos have been heard. Up till now he's done amazing solos on each album.

Thanks Yax for posting that interview. :) The Christopher Lee part was the best though!

I really like what I heard on that clip of "Halls Of Valhalla", although I'm still not a fan of the production. The music sounds good though, and that soaring note from Rob was great to hear! He may have lost the top part of his range, but he still has great control.

And for anyone who may have missed this last week:

Jools already has the new CD! Lucky git. :p

2 and a half minutes for this legendary metal group. :/

I know, but that's British TV for you! lol Metal is very rarely represented on music TV in the UK, which is a sad irony, considering that UK bands invented the genre. It'd be great if Jools invited them back to the show near to the time of the albums' release to play some songs, but I'm doubting that is going to happen... :(

Back