Judas Priest

Getting the blessing of the original crew for a band without any of the classic lineup is the tougher bit, imo, the blessing of the fans may be possible. Coincidentally (probably not), Rob just spoke about Faulkner being accepted by fans.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ro...lkner-has-been-embraced-by-judas-priest-fans/
I'm inclined to agree, the band I saw in 2015 was very much in the spirit of Priest, despite, as I said earlier, Rob and Richie being by far the biggest players on stage. Continuity and character have a lot to do with it. Maiden would be a very different matter, it's a band of at least five distinct personalities - six if you rate Janick's contribution - and I think even Steve continuing with everyone else replaced wouldn't produce the same effect.

Ghost aren't without the significant stamp of an individual. It's basically Tobias Forge AKA Papa Emeritus' project, and he maintains and directs the character of the band, as well as performing. Removing him from the equation would probably result in a band that was very different.

Steve weighs in: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ir...glenn-tipton-sidelined-by-parkinsons-disease/

Speaking to SiriusXM's Eddie Trunk earlier this week, Harris said about Tipton: "He'd come to see us play with BRITISH LION [Steve's side project] a couple of years ago in Birmingham and we had a good chat then, and he seemed pretty good, to be honest. But I think it's been up and down with it over the years and it's just probably got to the point now where he can't really carry on, which is really sad. But maybe he'll be… I don't know if he'll be out performing [with the band again]. He's indicated he might be able to do a couple of songs here and there."

I think Priest is a bit more of a special situation. Halford has always been, from my understanding, the sole iconic character in Priest. Sure, KK and Glenn wrote a lot of the songs and carried the musical sound, but Halford was always the focus.

Incorrect. Halford, Downing and Tipton were all three sharing the spotlight in their heyday.

I understand why they would do the tour without Tipton, as cancelling everything at this stage would be a disaster in economic terms (insurance costs). That being said, after the tour it would probably be the time to call it a day.

I think Phil Collins once said Genesis could sound like Zeppelin in practice but the records always sounded like themselves. It's just an inherent thing.
Changing all members would change the sound significantly for me, not to mention the character.
KK going was a huge loss, Glenn will be too, both leaving a void greater than Halford did imo. Hill should'nt be underestimated either.

Haven't heard the two new teasers yet, but Lightning Strike and Firepower are straight 80's speed metal Priest and I am so excited for the album. Also, the fact that Andy Sneap, the Andy Sneap, is possibly touring with them is insane!

:funnypost: @LooseCannon

A real life example of something like that happening might be KISS. They've already gone out saying that their personas... The Starchild, The Demon, The Catman, The Spaceman are characters and therefore they can actually be "played by anybody" and that KISS as a thing/business/show is bigger/more important than the members in the band.
And again, two days ago:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pa...should-continue-without-any-original-members/

But I agree with Ace when he says this back in 2016:
"the idea that the band could continue without any original members was "the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard [Stanley and Simmons] make." He added: "I think the only reason they make those statements at this juncture is to try to validate the fact that they have two other guys in the band that aren't the original members. So they're trying to rationalize to the fans, 'Well, you know, we replaced Peter and we replaced Ace, and eventually we're gonna replace ourselves. That's like [The Rolling Stones singer] Mick Jagger saying, 'Yeah, after me and Keith [Richards, The Rolling Stones guitarist] die, The Stoneswill continue on with two other guys.' I mean, it's a joke."

Back