Judas Priest

Best solo of the album. Just Epic (it reminds me to Randy Rhoads Flying High Again solo)
I'm pretty confident Glenn wrote it (but Richie recorded it), or that Richie summoned his inner Glenn. The tapping is very, very close to Glenn's solo on Between the Hammer and Anvil, and the three string arpeggio is something Glenn would do, and Richie typically does his arpeggios a bit different.

Saw Priest last night, and there aren't enough superlatives in the English language to describe how good they were. When I was watching videos on Youtube from this tour, I was a bit worried about Halford's vocals. He sounded pretty ropey on songs like Panic Attack. But he really pulled out all the stops last night, his screams were absolutely piercing. Richie Faulkner was just outstanding, and Ian Hill's bass was so prominent in the mix which was nice to hear.

The setlist was great, and the Invincible Shield tracks really really belong on stage. Crown of Horns is already a modern metal classic, the crowd went apeshit for it. Also, Saints in Hell is one evil fucking sounding track live, it was huge.

It felt like a really special homecoming gig. Glenn Tipton came out for Metal Gods and Living After Midnight in the encore, he played well as he can and played the solo of the former. So that was nice to witness. Plus the bull made an appearance at the end!

They're really riding high, and I never want them to retire.

Last edited:
Saw Priest last night, and there aren't enough superlatives in the English language to describe how good they were. When I was watching videos on Youtube from this tour, I was a bit worried about Halford's vocals. He sounded pretty ropey on songs like Panic Attack. But he really pulled out all the stops last night, his screams were absolutely piercing. Richie Faulkner was just outstanding, and Ian Hill's bass was so prominent in the mix which was nice to hear.

The setlist was great, and the Invincible Shield tracks really really belong on stage. Crown of Horns is already a modern metal classic, the crowd went apeshit for it. Also, Saints in Hell is one evil fucking sounding track live, it was huge.

I'm very much looking forward to saying the same after tomorrow night. :shred:

Back