Judas Priest

Priest are probably better than Maiden for mixing up the setlists. Over the various legs of the Firepower tour they actually played 9 songs from their last album. They just don't normally do more than 3 or 4 from any one album on one night.
They really started mixing up the setlists since the Firepower tour.
Panic Attack is the gem of this album.
As God Is My Witness or the title track for me. But Panic Attack is close too.
They were supposed to play 20 songs, but because of time constraints(Uriah Heep technical issues), two got cut.

You guys gotta remember that this is the make up dates for the Ozzy Tour that was supposed to happen back in 2019 and got reschedule multiple times until it got cancelled. So that's why you will see songs played on the Firepower Tour and the 50th anniversary tour.
For the rest of Europe and the US, the setlist will change a little.
Good call. I'm also starting to think that this is not the real stage set, I mean Rob promised something amazing.
You Don't Have To Be Old To Be Wise is kind of nice. Not one of my favorites for sure, but a song with more character than some of their other lesser songs in the 80's.
I'd like to know what's the contribution of Glenn Tipton in this album, Did he wrote music or made guitar solos?
Richie said Glenn wrote Escape From Reality and Sons Of Thunder.
Rob Halford sounds impressive!!!

I was listening to the album and right after it finished Bruce's Resurrection Men started playing and oh my... :facepalm:
Rob is still amazing, but there is a contrast live. Sneap's production is of big help. And Bruce, he's just lazy.

I really like how he sings in the album. He's amazing. Although it's the first gig of the tour, Rob singing the first new song and the first one of the gig…I have to say that he sings badly imho. (I think he uses backing tracks as vocals in the chorus and He must updated the karaoke-teleprompter)

Yup, that was my impression also. But he needs more time to warm up. Also there was something also with his voice - maybe he's little under the weather. His voice was cracking even in lower parts.

The setlist isn't impressive for someone who saw the Firepower tour and the 50th-anniversary tour but keep in mind that this was their first gig in Ireland since 2009. And the last time they visited the UK was 2015 (there were 2 Bloodstock concerts in 2018 and 2021, but they were an exception). It's possible that they wanted to present their Irish and British fans a mix of the setlists they missed.
1. This was in Scotland, not Ireland.
2. Ireland is not in the UK.

I am actually a bit surprised to see a Firepower song in there - I expected those would all go away once a new album was out. The three Invincible Shield songs are what I expected and typical Priest. It sucks that they don’t want to showcase their new music more, but that’s the way it has been since Nostradamus. Also, the way they record their songs with tons of guitar overdubs and impossible vocal parts limits what they can actually pull off live I reckon.

Other than that, this setlist seems pretty bland to me. Last time I saw them on Firepower tour there were a bunch of unexpected fun deep cuts like Sinner, Running Wild, Saints in Hell. Hopefully they get more adventurous with the Setlist as the tour goes on because right now it kinda just seems like an extension of what they were doing already.

I really like how he sings in the album. He's amazing. Although it's the first gig of the tour, Rob singing the first new song and the first one of the gig…I have to say that he sings badly imho. (I think he uses backing tracks as vocals in the chorus and He must updated the karaoke-teleprompter)

I don't want to diss Rob, first show, etc. But he sounds REALLY BAD. I wonder how much his singing will improve in the coming weeks.

I am actually a bit surprised to see a Firepower song in there - I expected those would all go away once a new album was out. The three Invincible Shield songs are what I expected and typical Priest. It sucks that they don’t want to showcase their new music more, but that’s the way it has been since Nostradamus. Also, the way they record their songs with tons of guitar overdubs and impossible vocal parts limits what they can actually pull off live I reckon.

Other than that, this setlist seems pretty bland to me. Last time I saw them on Firepower tour there were a bunch of unexpected fun deep cuts like Sinner, Running Wild, Saints in Hell. Hopefully they get more adventurous with the Setlist as the tour goes on because right now it kinda just seems like an extension of what they were doing already.
Yeah, the overdubs on the newer albums are insane. They make the album sound fantastic, but there's no way in hell Rob is singing the "it's time to meet your dooooooooooooooom!" from Serpent and the King at a gig.

EDIT: Watching some of the videos and the ridiculous amount of echo on Rob's voice really make him sound way worse. If he ends a line on a bum note (which is kind of frequently here), you don't just hear it once...it echoes 3/4 times at almost full volume.

As someone who didn't see the 50th tour, I'm actually super happy with this set. I've only *technically* seen Priest twice: once in 2018 and it was a combo of hits and solid deepish cuts (Grinder, Sinner, Bloodstone) and once in 2019 which had a few older songs and deep cuts that I honestly didn't care about (Heading Out to the Highway, Take These Chains, Starbreaker, Steeler, Tyrant).

KK’s last record is better than Priest’s new one and it’s not even close :)
Half of KK's album was really strong with awesome solos and melodies, but as a whole Priest wins imo, no doubt. For me, both bands should be a bit more adventurous in their writing now, although this is KK style.
I think he uses backing tracks as vocals in the chorus
Never The Heroes with backing tracks as vocals for the chorus sounded really bad.
I am actually a bit surprised to see a Firepower song in there - I expected those would all go away once a new album was out.
With the success of the album and with a 18-20 songs set, I think it's no surprise.
It sucks that they don’t want to showcase their new music more, but that’s the way it has been since Nostradamus. Also, the way they record their songs with tons of guitar overdubs and impossible vocal parts limits what they can actually pull off live I reckon.
Other than that, this setlist seems pretty bland to me.
Yeah, the overdubs on the newer albums are insane. They make the album sound fantastic
This.

Last edited:
Yeah, the overdubs on the newer albums are insane. They make the album sound fantastic, but there's no way in hell Rob is singing the "it's time to meet your dooooooooooooooom!" from Serpent and the King at a gig.

EDIT: Watching some of the videos and the ridiculous amount of echo on Rob's voice really make him sound way worse. If he ends a line on a bum note (which is kind of frequently here), you don't just hear it once...it echoes 3/4 times at almost full volume.

As someone who didn't see the 50th tour, I'm actually super happy with this set. I've only *technically* seen Priest twice: once in 2018 and it was a combo of hits and solid deepish cuts (Grinder, Sinner, Bloodstone) and once in 2019 which had a few older songs and deep cuts that I honestly didn't care about (Heading Out to the Highway, Take These Chains, Starbreaker, Steeler, Tyrant).

I have only seen Priest live once, back in 2001, with Ripper. I missed seeing them after Rob's return and I feel that is unlikely to change.

Well he certainly tried to make a Judas Priest record. Copied the sound, rehashed song titles, themes, and everything.

I think that’s the point as a founding member of Judas Priest. Full of duelling guitars and twin harmonies, it’s a whole load of fun.

Invincible shield..I’m already bored. Beyond the few tracks that originally stood out to me it’s just dull. The mob can enjoy their new album hysteria but there’s not a song on it that’s better than ‘One more shot at glory’.

Half of KK's album was really strong with awesome solos and melodies, but as a whole Priest wins imo, no doubt. For me, both bands should be a bit more adventurous in their writing now.

I agree there, I think both bands have hinted at a more 70’s / proggier style (or more complex song structures) and neither have really delivered on that.

I think that’s the point as a founding member of Judas Priest. Full of duelling guitars and twin harmonies, it’s a whole load of fun.

Invincible shield..I’m already bored. Beyond the few tracks that originally stood out to me it’s just dull. The mob can enjoy their new album hysteria but there’s not a song on it that’s better than ‘One more shot at glory’.
I've liked KK but he's been making it real hard after he left Priest. And I've always liked Ripper and felt he didn't get enough respect, but:

Change the name of the band and stop rehashing old Priest song titles ands themes and I might take them more seriously. To me it's just a bit pathetic and sad. And stop the incessant whining about his former band.

I've liked KK but he's been making it real hard after he left Priest. And I've always liked Ripper and felt he didn't get enough respect, but:

Change the name of the band and stop rehashing old Priest song titles ands themes and I might take them more seriously. To me it's just a bit pathetic and sad. And stop the incessant whining about his former band.
It's incredibly pathetic and sad. Literally clinging to Priest's legacy to make a buck and prop themselves up. It's pure cabaret and feels like a tribute band begging you to listen to their subpar original songs in between the classics you want to hear.

Most of KK’s complaints (management of the band) are the exact same ones Rob had and talked about during his 12 years out of the band. But nobody criticises Rob for it.

He does interviews and he’s asked the same old questions and he answers them and it becomes a click bait headline for people to bitch about without reading the article.

Yes the band name and song titles make for an easy target and KK makes decisions which leave me rolling my eyes, but ultimately I feel he’s been poorly treated and I feel as one of the originators of heavy metal he deserves more respect than he gets.

Most of KK’s complaints (management of the band) are the exact same ones Rob had and talked about during his 12 years out of the band. But nobody criticises Rob for it.

He does interviews and he’s asked the same old questions and he answers them and it becomes a click bait headline for people to bitch about without reading the article.

Yes the band name and song titles make for an easy target and KK makes decisions which leave me rolling my eyes, but ultimately I feel he’s been poorly treated and I feel as one of the originators of heavy metal he deserves more respect than he gets.
Well to me it seems like whatever stuff Rob said and did was forgivable. What KK did and said was not. I'm sure we don't know everything that's been said and done. JP has largely taken the high road and KK is surely not going to reveal anything that would make him look bad.

Edit: I also feel KK torpedoed his own chances of getting back in the band because he would not stop talking. You can always say "no comment"
Believe me, I would have loved to have seen KK and Richie up their playing in JP

Last edited:
I saw Priest twice. On Angel of Retribution tour and Redeemer of Souls tour.

KK may be a whiner but he is literally the one that's left, who is carrying the DNA of old Priest guitar style/sound. He is the original half of the Priest twin attack. Imo, he has every right to do, what he is doing. Minus the low brow behavior/comments towards his old mates.

Back