Judas Priest

Great idea, people used telling aroung Priest management is a way worse than Maiden's one. No! Now they are doing their things a way better, Rod Smallwood should learn a lot so specially after poor promotion of Senjutsu. I bet JP new album will be an overwhelming success.

I mean... Jayne Andrews is bad. For H's sake, their fan backstage passes for the upcoming tour, that you are paying premium for, let's you hang out with the crew. Do you get a photo op or a signing session with the band? A Q/A? Nope.
I'm sure all three people that have purchased backstage passes will have a great time. For the rest of us, it's just embarrassing.

That being said, a listening party is cool, and if I lived in Stockholm instead of an hour by train away, I'd be all over it.

Great idea, people used telling aroung Priest management is a way worse than Maiden's one. No! Now they are doing their things a way better, Rod Smallwood should learn a lot so specially after poor promotion of Senjutsu. I bet JP new album will be an overwhelming success.
Not sure about Senjutsu but they did this for The Book of Souls, I remember there being one in my city and a few people on here posted about it as well.

Say what you will about Maiden but I'm not sure Judas Priest is a good comparison point here, they are going to go down as one of the worst managed bands in Rock history along with Yes.

Not sure about Senjutsu but they did this for The Book of Souls, I remember there being one in my city and a few people on here posted about it as well.

Say what you will about Maiden but I'm not sure Judas Priest is a good comparison point here, they are going to go down as one of the worst managed bands in Rock history along with Yes.
Yes they did it for "Souls". JP management creates a big hype around the band's forthcoming effor. They wanna climb the sales as high as possible, probably on pair with Maiden's level or even better! Really!

Well to be fair Senjutsu was released during the pandemic. Hence no in-person listening parties, etc.

^Nice interview.

He said they didn't rush the album and the album is in the same vein as Firepower. He thinks they will play the singles and a couple more. His favorites are - the title track (classic Priest for him), Giants, Panic Attack and Trial By Fire. He also mentioned he hopes they play more deep cuts and never played live before songs too. Great.

Other stuff: he said it's great that KK is playing live and making new music again, there are a lot of great drummers now, and he'd like to do a tour with Maiden and guess they'll be the headliner. He saw Maiden and Priest in 1981.

Really disappointed with Dom Lawson. Only two "fuck" and one "fucking" in that review?? Where is the reference to the album being "fucking heavy" or "fucking great"?

Back