Judas Priest Survivor 2012: Beyond The Realms Of Death wins

Vote for your LEAST favorite song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Judas Priest Survivor II: Angel Of Retribution round 3 (Dec 15-16)

Metal Meltdown
Judas Rising
Hellrider

Can I jump back into this? Metal Meltdown, Worth Fighting For, Hellrider

And now Metal Meltdown? :(

It's better than both Hell Patrol and All Guns Blazing. Vote out Some Heads so we save worthy songs!

Re: Judas Priest Survivor II: Nostradamus disc 1, round 1 (Dec 17-18)

Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

Round 38 results:
Angel and Worth Fighting For :mad: are eliminated.
Hellrider is promoted to the Quarterfinals, and Judas Rising is promoted to the Semifinals.

The first disc of Nostradamus has joined the battle!

Dawn of Creation
Four Horsemen
Awakening

You've Got Another Thing Comin'
Awakening
The Four Horsemen

Sands Of Time
Peace
Lost Love

Awakening
The Four Horsemen
Sands of Time

Black Thunder said:
... And Some Heads Are Gonna Roll?

BT is correct; I messed up the last update. I did indeed eliminate the wrong songs, so here's the correct update...

Some Heads Are Gonna Roll and Angel are eliminated.
Freewheel Burning is promoted to the Quarterfinals, and Rock Hard Ride Free is promoted to the Semifinals.
Worth Fighting For is restored to the poll; Judas Rising and Hellrider are demoted back to the poll.

@SMX: would you freshen me up a bit in this matter: the rules regarding equal votes in one particular round.

Correct me if I am wrong but if you -in such a situation- start looking at the votes given in previous rounds, the older songs will always die first. That sounds like an unfair advantage for newer songs. One never knows how many votes a new songs might have had if it was present in earlier rounds. The newer song in question might not even have survived a further stage. So, I assume that the appearance order of songs (albums) is not an unimportant factor in their elimination.

Thanks in advantage for your reaction, much appreciated.

That's the way how these survivor games run Foro. If everything was put on the same poll at the same time, this would just become a normal elimination game.

I'd like to know from the creator if it is correct what I said.  :)

Awakening
The Four Horsemen
Sands Of Time

Awakening, The Four Horsemen, Sands Of Time

I like the other 2 short pieces more, and would like to see Dawn of Creation stick around for a bit.

Re: Judas Priest Survivor II: Nostradamus disc 1, round 2 (Dec 19-20)

Forostar said:
@SMX: would you freshen me up a bit in this matter: the rules regarding equal votes in one particular round.

Correct me if I am wrong but if you -in such a situation- start looking at the votes given in previous rounds, the older songs will always die first. That sounds like an unfair advantage for newer songs. One never knows how many votes a new songs might have had if it was present in earlier rounds. The newer song in question might not even have survived a further stage. So, I assume that the appearance order of songs (albums) is not an unimportant factor in their elimination.

Thanks in advantage for your reaction, much appreciated.

Actually, newer songs lose tiebreakers more often. That's why I made my earlier mistake. I had thought the usual pattern of newer songs dying off was holding true, and I didn't notice right away that Some Heads had unexpectedly "won" that tiebreaker.

The order of albums is indeed significant, but it's not because newer songs have any inherent advantage or lack thereof. It's because most bands have their best stuff early in the career. Look at Maiden - they've got great albums through their whole catalog, and the poll there right now is heavy with newer songs. Compare Dream Theater, whose second album sent 5 out of 8 tracks to our top ten, two years in a row. It's not the poll, it's how the music falls out.

The suggestion of running in reverse album order has been brought up before, but I don't think the results would change much. I believe the current rules are fair to all songs. Hope that answers your question.
Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

Round 39 results:
The Four Horsemen, Awakening, Sands Of Time and Lost Love are eliminated.

Peace, Dawn Of Creation, Death

Back