Judas Priest Survivor 2012: Beyond The Realms Of Death wins

Vote for your LEAST favorite song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Judas Priest Survivor II: Screaming For Vengeance round 1 (Oct 28-29)

Breaking The Law, Living After Midnight and Solar Angels.

Unknown One said:
That's one of the best off the album! :o

Repetitive as hell. Boring, unimaginative and monotone chorus.

Forostar said:
IMO, it's repetitive as hell. Boring, unimaginative and monotone chorus.

Covers half of maidens short songs aswell. Really.. the trooper has one of the most unimaginative choruses ever ^^. Don't worry though, the fix was free  :bigsmile:

The Trooper has much more to offer. E.g., the chorus itself has about 3 or 4 times as many different notes.

But I rather compare with the Priest songs here. From SFV I like the melodic tracks more.

And I am not going to say IMO in every post dude.

Forostar said:
The Trooper has much more to offer. E.g., the chorus itself has about 3 or 4 times as many different notes.

But I rather compare with the Priest songs here. From SFV I like the melodic tracks more.

And I am not going to say IMO in every post dude.

All I'm getting at is everyones got their opinions. I find trooper far more grating from repetition than bloodstone.. the chorus in that has multiple notes, multiple words etc.

I don't find bloodstone the best on the album either myself. Your response just sounded like "It's sh*t" to me, whether that was intended or not. So my response was just pointing out thats the case for a helll of a lot of things. Repetition is a common thing in music, I believe this was even a topic recently (or was it another site I can't remember!)

(For the record, I wasn't having a go.. the emote is there to show it's light hearted).

Crimson Idol said:
Repetition is a common thing in music

And I am glad Priest has lots of songs that I like better, most are less repetitive or have other better qualities.

Crimson Idol said:
Your response just sounded like "It's sh*t" to me, whether that was intended or not.

This statement does not sound light hearted. Especially when you say I did not intend it.

All I did was talking about a specific song, I explained why I liked it the least.
I did not use the word shit. I'll spell it out again:

Repetitive as hell. Boring, unimaginative and monotone chorus.

You may not agree with me but that doesn't mean I am going to change my opinion or choice of words.

Got it? So you totally misinterpreted my post.
So I'd cool it if I were you, don't put words in my mouth. And try to deal with other opinions.

Forostar said:
Got it? So you totally misinterpreted my post.
So I'd cool it if I were you, don't put words in my mouth. And try to deal with other opinions.

I'm sure I once posted my votes for NPFTD tracks and said the reason I voted against them was that I couldn't remember them very well, due to they left no lasting impression on me despite how many times I've listened to the album... and you're response was "Try listening before voting". Aswell as seeing a similar one directed at (I think) Night Prowler for votes on fear of the dark earlier in the year. So, it works both ways.

You're right, I have misinterpreted your post, but that is how it came across to me, and I can't help how it sounded -to me-.

I don't expect you to say IMO in every post, but it's a fairly common thing for people to do. Almost everything anyone posts is opinion, but it is fairly common for people to still say it's opinion, even if just to avoid coming across as argumentative (and leading to things like this).

There is another potential example in the thread I created this morning, in which I said I had read the previous one and in my opinion it was worth starting a new one. (Just a small interlude, read that sentence back minus the "in my opinion") You responded, saying you thought it was pointless and wouldn't bother posting in it - not really adding constructively - and effectively killing the thread before it starts.

However, I think this should be left here. We've both got in some 'punches', I'm happy to discuss further but it should probably be PM rather than derail a thread. Misunderstandings are dangerous things, as are confrontational statements.

Crimson Idol said:
I'm sure I once posted my votes for NPFTD tracks and said the reason I voted against them was that I couldn't remember them very well, due to they left no lasting impression on me despite how many times I've listened to the album... and you're response was "Try listening before voting".

That was an honest and IMO reasonable suggestion. Not only directed at you. You happened to be the one who triggered me to say it. No harm intended. Just voiced what I hope people do, I never forced it upon people.

Crimson Idol said:
You're right, I have misinterpreted your post, but that is how it came across to me, and I can't help how it sounded -to me-.

Well, I think it was a very strange interpretation, even offending a bit. You did not only misinterpret, you also painted a wrong picture. I clearly used other words, and these happen to be the "qualities" I am not over the moon with in this song, compared to the other songs. By the way: I don't think there's such level of repetition in most music (Maiden's short songs included).

Crimson Idol said:
I don't expect you to say IMO in every post, but it's a fairly common thing for people to do. Almost everything anyone posts is opinion, but it is fairly common for people to still say it's opinion, even if just to avoid coming across as argumentative (and leading to things like this).

I often use IMO. More than the average forum user even. But I do not hope it has to be done in every post.

Crimson Idol said:
There is another potential example in the thread I created this morning, in which I said I had read the previous one and in my opinion it was worth starting a new one. (Just a small interlude, read that sentence back minus the "in my opinion")

You responded, saying you thought it was pointless and wouldn't bother posting in it - not really adding constructively - and effectively killing the thread before it starts.

I pointed you and others at the other topic. I gave arguments why I thought it might be good to continue that thread. And I voiced my own doubts (and initial disagreement) on the new one. That's the freedom we have on this forum. I said I might join later, first I'd like to see how it goes. Again no harm intended really.

Glad to continue on pm, though I think we have explained our points of view pretty well now.

Living After Midnight, Pain and Pleasure, Fever

Re: Judas Priest Survivor II: Screaming For Vengeance round 2 (Oct 30-31)

Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

Round 17 results:
Living After Midnight, Pain And Pleasure and Solar Angels are eliminated.
Desert Plains is promoted to the Quarterfinals, and Heading Out To The Highway is promoted to the Semifinals.

Take These Chains, Fever, Old/Wise

And about all the nonsense above: everyone chill out. It's just a game on a forum.

Old/Wise
The Rage
Fever

Breaking The Law, You Don't Have To Be Old To Be Wise, (Take These) Chains

The devil's child raged at the old and the wise.

The rage is a decent piece but imo a bit weaker than the others, and certainly more of an aquired taste. For SFV I find Riding to be the weaker of the studio tracks left, but the live version saves it. I'm reaching the point of having to toss a coin for SFV tracks though. I can relate to things like Fever/Chains so connect with them a bit better, and I am a sucker for those tracks that build from soft to heavy.

(yes, I like to explain my choices :P)

Bloodstone Fever Devil's Child

Jupz said:
Breaking the Law
Grinder
You Don't Have to be Old to be Wise

Also, you should just assume that what the person is posting is their opinion and they are not trying to state it as fact. Music is an art form and is obviously subjective. Theres no need to baby everyone with "IMO"'s in each post. It should just be assumed.
Crimson Idol said:
The devil's child raged at the old and the wise.

The rage is a decent piece but imo a bit weaker than the others, and certainly more of an aquired taste. For SFV I find Riding to be the weaker of the studio tracks left, but the live version saves it. I'm reaching the point of having to toss a coin for SFV tracks though. I can relate to things like Fever/Chains so connect with them a bit better, and I am a sucker for those tracks that build from soft to heavy.

(yes, I like to explain my choices :P)
The explanations are fun to read! :D

You Don't Have To Be Old To Be Wise
Bloodstone
Devil's Child

You Don't Have To Be Old To Be Wise
Riding On The Wind
Fever.

Breaking The Law, Grinder and (Take These) Chains.

Back