Judas Priest Studio Album Survivor: Painkiller wins !

Satisfied?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like this idea for a tie breaker. It doesn't take long to type a reply at all.

My least favorite is Point of Entry

I choose Turbo, although the difference in quality between the two albums is miniscule...

Will close this one a bit earlier because I have other things to do later.

Point of Entry: 5 votes.
Turbo: 4 votes.

Point of Entry lost from Turbo in the tiebreaker.

15. Point of Entry (1981)
16. Demolition (2001)

Rules ...

SURVIVORRULESH_zps559d4996.jpg

... but note that I have put all studio ALBUMS in the first round. Also: I'll try to do 3 to 4 days per round. And: I won't rush with elimination, since there are not many albums.
CHANGE: I'll try to do something else (or old) again: maximum of 3 votes for the whole game until we reach the top 5 (maximum of 2 votes) and top 3 (1 vote).
- - - - - - -

Ahhh thanks Crimson. That's my browser doing autofil in that option, and I selected the Rush album from that year. :/

Now I could make a whole new thing but telling everybody that every vote for that one is a vote for
Defenders of the Faith, might be easier.

I guess everybody should see this post. :)

Last edited:
As much as I have defended the debut earlier on, this time I need to vote for it, in order to delay Ram it Down's elimination. The reason is simple:

Ram It Down has three crappy songs in the form of:
Love Zone
Come and Get It
Love You to Death

But these seven(!) range from nice to superb:
Ram It Down
Heavy Metal
Hard as Iron
Blood Red Skies
I'm a Rocker
Johnny B. Goode
Monsters of Rock

Votes go to Rocka Rolla, Jugulator and Angel of Retribution.

Rocka Rolla
Turbo
Jugulator

Have to agree with what you said about Ram it Down. But last I checked, the 1984 album was called Defenders of the Faith, not Grace Under Pressure.

Cheers, Saap. It was noted higher on this page by Crimson, but good to know more people show they keep an eye on what I'm doing. ;-)

Thanks for supporting Ram it Down this round!
(I have to confess that I am not sure what I will do in the next, but right now I find its elimination too early)

I very nearly voted for "Nostradamus" instead of "Ram It Down"... the former has more great songs, but RID is more consistently good... not an easy choice!

@Foro: I did notice that "Grace Under Pressure" had been inserted instead of Defenders before my first post in this thread... not that it would have made any difference, seeing as there's no way I'd be voting for that album at this stage! :lol:

I think "Jugulator" gets flak for two reasons: One, Rob Halford wasn't on it, and two, it was a much more brutal sounding album than anything previously done by the band. But to me, it still sounds like a Judas Priest album, and there's no song on the album I dislike. It's not as good as the best albums with Rob, but it is a very underrated album, that I feel would have received much more praise had it not been released under the name "Judas Priest"...

Do you guys read other people's posts? ;--)
Cheers for mentioning, Sara. It was a mistake, but it was mentioned twice by others. But I know you mean well, and it's my own fault.

Turbo
vs Ram It Down comparison:

The three crappy ones on Ram It Down I find worse than the four songs on Turbo that I don't really like (a higher number of bad ones but perhaps still a bit more tolerable collection).

On the other hand, I am not sure yet how to balance the songs that I do enjoy. As I said: seven nice to superb songs on Ram It Down.
Turbo has five nice to superb songs.

If I only compare the excellent vs excellent, then it's these four vs these four:

Turbo Love, Locked In, Hot For Live, Reckless.
vs
Ram It Down, Blood Red Skies, Hard as Iron, I'm a Rocker

Dunno yet, nor do I know how it affects the total-decision. I guess I need to play both albums in full, which has been a while anyway.

Back