JUDAS PRIEST announce farewell tour!

Invader said:
Have a praise.  I wouldn't worry too much about Maiden yet because they've seemed to know what they're doing the last 10 years and still have a lot more energy live than Priest had the last time I saw them.  But, Priest is pretty much the first heavy metal giant to quit (excluding Dio), and I hope that doesn't give others ideas.
Don't forget about Scorpions.
Also, either decision Maiden makes, deciding to completely retire or replacing Nicko, I will be happy with. And I don't think Nicko would be upset if they did replace him. It's completely up to them and they have full rights to that decisions.

I probably would like them to get a new drummer, but it wouldn't feel right.
Maiden are one of the most consistent bands, member-wise: only 3 members appeared on albums and aren't in the band now.

Mega said:
Maiden are one of the most consistent bands, member-wise: only 3 members appeared on albums and aren't in the band now.

Four, actually. Paul, Clive, Blaze and Dennis.

Ya, it's hard to find bands that consistent. AC/DC has been as well with the exception of drummers. Of course, Rush. Others, with some exceptions: Slayer, Blind Guardian, Motley Crue, Judas Priest! :D , In Flames.

Shadow said:
Four, actually. Paul, Clive, Blaze and Dennis.

I could only think of two right up to the moment I pressed post, so I only missed one! :innocent:

I suck. Anyhow, Maiden still have a really good ratio in that matter compared to some other bands.

Priest's demise is a loss for rock n roll. Although they never surpassed their earlier albums, the reunion albums with Halford were pretty good. The Ripper albums weren't bad either. Albums like Sad Wings of Destiny, Sin After Sin, and Stained Class were huge albums of my youth... I was a Priest fan before I was a Maiden fan. Respect to them for bowing out before they became a parody of themselves (Gene Simmons should take note...).

SinisterMinisterX said:
Dio never quit. He got sick and died. That's very different.

And Priest is the second. Scorpions were the first.

I know, but I also didn't feel right excluding Dio from the phrase heavy metal giants.  I should have phrased it better, sorry.

Jonszat said:
I dunno. Nicko is only one year younger than Halford, Downing and Hill. Tipton is 5 years older than him. Drummer is a more intensive (physically) job too...

Some of you will remember the '70s Canadian rock band April Wine. They had a drummer by the name of Jerry Mercer.
Saw them in small theatre a few years ago and Mercer pounded the shit out his kit. Absolute thunder.
Drum solo over and the singer goes "Ladies and gentleman, the man is 65."
I just checked Wikipedia. He retired from the band almost exactly two years ago at age 69.
Don't count Nicko out just yet.

Does anyone know if any of the bands that Halford sang in before Priest released any albums or songs with him on vocals? Athens Wood, Lord Lucifer, Abraxas, Thark and Hiroshima are the bands that wikipedia lists.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Does anyone know if any of the bands that Halford sang in before Priest released any albums or songs with him on vocals? Athens Wood, Lord Lucifer, Abraxas, Thark and Hiroshima are the bands that wikipedia lists.
Nope, they did not.

Anyways, Rob confirmed that Halford will keep going.

best-cry-ever_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

thank god theyre comin to Finland on this tour. I must fricken get there.
and at least Rob still has the Halford thing going and ive heard KK has some music plans.

I now realise that Priest will play not just once, but twice in Norway this summer ... but it's too early! In June I won't have time to travel and see them  :(

Prowler_108 said:
I hope they improve the setlist from the shitty one they just did, playing all of a poor album. (British Steel)
i liked that setlist. I got the remaster of BS with the dvd and the concert was amazingly awesome. Especially after the album was finished. Victim of Changes, the ripper. Great set. I also thought rapid fire made an awesome opener.

If they don't come to Southern California, I'll never forgive them. Or I'll buy a plane ticket. This is so sudden! They'd been my favourite band since I was seven up until a few years ago when I went to a Maiden concert, I've never seen Priest live though. :(

One by one, my favourite bands are biting the dust before I even get the opportunity to see them live. Dio, Priest... <facepalm>

Worst day since Dio died.

Don Dokken said:
i liked that setlist. I got the remaster of BS with the dvd and the concert was amazingly awesome. Especially after the album was finished. Victim of Changes, the ripper. Great set. I also thought rapid fire made an awesome opener.
I think BS (lol) is one of their worst albums, and I really don't enjoy hearing YGATC for the billionth time. Victim of Changes and the Ripper were awesome though.

Prowler_108 said:
I think BS (lol) is one of their worst albums, and I really don't enjoy hearing YGATC for the billionth time. Victim of Changes and the Ripper were awesome though.
well you have to expect them to play thier most famous song often. Just like Run To The Hills. I like BS. It's fun metal. That's something music these days lacks (maiden included) people don't make fun loose metal albums like that anymore. And Metal Gods is one of my all time favorite priest songs.

Don Dokken said:
I like BS. It's fun metal. That's something music these days lacks (maiden included) people don't make fun loose metal albums like that anymore.

Couldn't agree more.

Back