JUDAS PRIEST announce farewell tour!

5th August Wacken Festival, Germany

And this is the year I'm not going. At least I've already seen them twice.

It's sad to see them go, but I guess their time has come.

i NEED to go to this one. I miss them everytime because im always out of town

Fuck.

Well, can't do anything about that. I hope they make it to Israel, Ripper was here a couple of months ago.

Never been a Judas Priest fan, but I hate to see bands retire.   :down:

It makes me worry...how much longer does Iron Maiden have?   :S

Forostar said:
Quite unexpected.

An understatement if I ever saw one.  Just like that, no albums or advance warnings or anything.  But I'm lucky to be able to see them, at least. I'm not sure I can afford it though since they're playing at a festival I wasn't planning on going to, but I guess this one I have to afford.

TFF 01 said:
Never been a Judas Priest fan, but I hate to see bands retire.   :down:

It makes me worry...how much longer does Iron Maiden have?   :S
I dunno. Nicko is only one year younger than Halford, Downing and Hill. Tipton is 5 years older than him. Drummer is a more intensive (physically) job too...

Invader said:
An understatement if I ever saw one.  Just like that, no albums or advance warnings or anything.  But I'm lucky to be able to see them, at least. I'm not sure I can afford it though since they're playing at a festival I wasn't planning on going to, but I guess this one I have to afford.

They kept telling that they would do a tour to properly promote the latest album (I think they even said that they would play the whole album).

Jonszat said:
I dunno. Nicko is only one year younger than Halford, Downing and Hill. Tipton is 5 years older than him. Drummer is a more intensive (physically) job too...

I don't see any problems as to replacing Nicko McBrain whatsoever.

Cosmiceddie said:
I don't see any problems as to replacing Nicko McBrain whatsoever.
Are you kidding? At this point, they'd never replace him. They would probably retire.

And this is a very sad day. I have been sad and grumpy all afternoon.

The way I see it, Priest have realised they don't have any steam left (not saying this was apparent) and decided to call it quits before they fade away unworthily (is that even a word?). So for that matter, kudos to them.

Yax said:
Are you kidding? At this point, they'd never replace him. They would probably retire.

And this is a very sad day. I have been sad and grumpy all afternoon.

Do you prefer Maiden to quit because of Nicko's age or to replace him with a younger drummer and carry on for a few more years?

Cosmiceddie said:
Do you prefer Maiden to quit because of Nicko's age or to replace him with a younger drummer and carry on for a few more years?
Yes. I prefer them to quit.

Yax said:
Yes. I prefer them to quit.

Have a praise.  I wouldn't worry too much about Maiden yet because they've seemed to know what they're doing the last 10 years and still have a lot more energy live than Priest had the last time I saw them.  But, Priest is pretty much the first heavy metal giant to quit (excluding Dio), and I hope that doesn't give others ideas.

Perun said:
The way I see it, Priest have realised they don't have any steam left (not saying this was apparent) and decided to call it quits before they fade away unworthily (is that even a word?). So for that matter, kudos to them.

At least I like the idea that they ended with Nostradamus. Even if it was less successful, they tried to do something new, so I am glad the last album wasn't something too obvious (unworthily :) ).

Back