Job/Occupation

dogigniter

Ancient Mariner
I'd be quite interested to hear what jobs you guys have. Maybe if it's not obvious what you actually do from your job title you could tell us a little bit of your job description?

Thanks!

Why don't you start? Or is pooch-burning a full-time occupation for you? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm a student. I have no job, but I'll probably get one during the summer at a supermarket or something.

That's about all to say.

I am 29 years old. I live in Los Angeles, CA, USA. I received a BA in the field of Geography from California State University, Northridge in 1998. I am currently in school pursuing a preliminary and then a permanent teaching credential.

I have been a full-time teacher for 1 year and 1/2. I teach 5th grade.
I have had other jobs but this is what I'm currently doing.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jan 7 2005, 05:08 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jan 7 2005, 05:08 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Why don't you start? Or is pooch-burning a full-time occupation for you?  [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]95410[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I wonder if the pay is good for pooch burning? Whats the daily quota of ignited pooches per person anyway? Seems like dogwalker would be an easier gig [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm a student, no extra job, but I would like one [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] but i'm too lazy too go out and find any... [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Don't ever get a job. Not ever. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

A few years ago, I worked at a movie theater doing, well, almost everything there is to do at a movie theater. I got crappy pay but also free movie passes for two people at a time. But those passes didn't redeem anything. That job was fuckin' awful. The place had rats, you sometimes had to clean up puke, and being ticket-ripper was boring as hell. But for the icing on the cake, they fired me after a year because they didn't want to give me my 1-year raise. At least I got them to say that I quit when they're used as a reference. And now I'll never go to a movie at that place ever again either.

Then I worked at a grocery store. In short, do not a-fucking-pply at one unless you like dealing with assholes and idiots. I quit that job as well.

And so, I'm going to college in hope to find a decent career. I haven't the slightest idea as to what it might be though. [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I did this:
[a href=\'http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/569/569177/timesplitters-future-perfect-20041129021903828.jpg\' target=\'_blank\']http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/articl...29021903828.jpg[/a]

I am an Apprentice Engineer. I work on a chemical research and development site. But I'm not allowed to say who for. I go to college for a day and a half a week and the rest of time is spent on site learning how to check mechanical seals, actuators, pumps, motors, gearboxes etc

[!--QuoteBegin-where_eddie_dares+Jan 8 2005, 12:26 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(where_eddie_dares @ Jan 8 2005, 12:26 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I wonder if the pay is good for pooch burning? Whats the daily quota of ignited pooches per person anyway? Seems like dogwalker would be an easier gig  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]95437[/snapback]​
[/quote]

The pay is average [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] But the igniting is what I joined up for!

I'm a student in Paris, just finished "ecole preparatoire " BCPST - I don't know how do we call it in english, and it's not "preparation school" like the translation says, srry ! [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] -

Cheers

Preparatoire (French) Preparatoria/Bachillerato (Spanish) High school (English)

I'm also a student and like Stranger I REFUSE completely and utterly to perform in second-rate/deadend/ slave labor jobs like in a movie theater or Grocery store (not that there's anything wrong with that [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]) I worked as a Runner for a lawyer which was fun. Great pay, great hours and interesting. Now I know I don't want to be a lawyer EVER hehe. Also I start working as a Spanish and philosophy tutor at the local community college on wednesday. Pays enough for Gas, Books and taking my girlfriend out to dinner... good enough for me.

While I am currently a full-time student with no other job, in the past I have been:
A "cook" at McDonalds, if you call that cooking
A busboy and parking valet at a fancy restaurant
A baker (for 3 years, it's actually a very fun job)
A delivery truck driver, forklift operator and many other warehouse/shipping-related jobs
A javascript guru and Lotus programmer at a web shop that went under in the dot-com crash
And several other miscellaneous things.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]It can be called High School, but it's very different, since it's not the american or english program. It has a specific name in english, but I couldn't remember it. I'll post it if it comes to my back mind.
Anyway, not anybody could be accepted in it, since you need to have at your Bac. at least 16/20 or 14/20 (depends from a school to another), wich is very hard to get it, and unfortunately quite impossible for some students.
Actually, it's a bit hard to explain what it is for those who don't follow the french program. And for those who are intrested in it (and read french), you could find one the most important ecole preparatoire [a href=\'http://www.ac-creteil.fr/lycees/94/mberthelot/\' target=\'_blank\']here[/a].  I didn't study in it, but it has a good reputation.
Not in the subject, I know, but just to clear a bit... Thx  [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]95663[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Oh ok, I guess it is more similar to the german system of vocational and "preparatory" (Gynasium (sp?) ) schools.

That is a very interesting resume SMX, if you add carpinter and plumber to the list it would make it exciting!
People call me wierd because I refuse to work at McDonald's yet I wouldn't mind working as a Janitor LOL.

I'm a business development Manager at Hyatt Regency hotel in Casablanca,Morocco.

Cheers [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-7th Death of a 7th Death+Jan 10 2005, 05:13 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(7th Death of a 7th Death @ Jan 10 2005, 05:13 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Jan 10 2005, 12:05 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Jan 10 2005, 12:05 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
Preparatoire (French) Preparatoria/Bachillerato (Spanish) High school (English)
[snapback]95618[/snapback]​
[/quote]

It can be called High School, but it's very different, since it's not the american or english program. It has a specific name in english, but I couldn't remember it. I'll post it if it comes to my back mind.
Anyway, not anybody could be accepted in it, since you need to have at your Bac. at least 16/20 or 14/20 (depends from a school to another), wich is very hard to get it, and unfortunately quite impossible for some students.
Actually, it's a bit hard to explain what it is for those who don't follow the french program. And for those who are intrested in it (and read french), you could find one the most important ecole preparatoire [a href=\'http://www.ac-creteil.fr/lycees/94/mberthelot/\' target=\'_blank\']here[/a]. I didn't study in it, but it has a good reputation.
Not in the subject, I know, but just to clear a bit... Thx [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]95663[/snapback]​
[/quote]

It's called Secondary School

I'm currently looking for a restaurant that'll take me as an apprentice chef, so I can finish my (4-year) chef education. Besides that, I work the occasional shift in a supermarket - and yes, it sucks! I almost got beat up by some f*cked up drughead the other day for no apparent reason! So I'm really looking forward to being able to spend all my time cooking. Won't be long, I'll be the new Jamie Oliver [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

(as if I'd wanna replace that wanker)

Back