Janick's backing vocals on live at Donington

I was watching Live at Donington the other day. And I noticed Janick Gers was doing back up vocals to some songs, well i think he was. I'd never seen him do backing vocals anywhere else. Has he done it on any other releases? Not that its a big deal, i'm just curious.

I've noticed that before too. Probably did them just to fill the empty void without H. He probably sang on the other tours without H too.

Can't really hear him, which is a shame, I'd have liked to hear what he'd sound like.

Can't be any worse than Steve.

I think he only did From Here to Eternity, and perhaps Run to the Hills? Hmm, I forgot, it was long ago since I've seen that concert.

Robbiedbee said:
Can't really hear him, which is a shame, I'd have liked to hear what he'd sound like.

Can't be any worse than Steve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1G78DQIA1M
Here you go. Together with Steve.

Check A Real Live One or Live at Donington (audio CD) with headphones if you want to hear it better.

Hmm, I always assumed it was just Steve on the recordings from that area. Cheers Forostar!  :edmetal:

Still not as good as H. They always tend to put him higher in the mix than that when he's doing backing vocals.

I think you can distinguish two voices when you play the CD's.

I guess they asked Jan for the live version of FHTE because the studio chorus has the sound of many voices.
Steve alone would have sounded too thin.

Forostar said:
I think he only did From Here to Eternity, and perhaps Run to the Hills?
Can I Play With Madness, Iron Maiden, there was another but I just forgot.

Batman said:
Can I Play With Madness, Iron Maiden, there was another but I just forgot.

Wasted Years?  They played that song without Adrian in the band if I'm not mistaken.

Donner said:
Wasted Years?  They played that song without Adrian in the band if I'm not mistaken.
Yes but without backing vocals. I know that the number of songs with Jan on vocals is very small. I would watch it again but I hate the color changes.

I'm pretty sure Janick did backing vocals on Die With Your Boots On when it was played on the No Prayer for the Dying Tour. He also did backing vocals on some songs on the Raising Hell video.

Back