It's time to play...... GUESS WHERE I'M AT!

Deano

Ancient Mariner
To start, let me say this: I know my topic title ends with a preposition (yea, I'm looking at you Foro  :p) It adds to the charm of an American style game show. I'm starting this thread because I travel quite a bit and figured I could make a game of it. Of course, it is open for anyone to be the subject.... I know our favorite Frenchman travels frequently as well.... then there's LC of course that only travels from the kitchen to his bedroom..........

Tonight's a freebee, I'm in Chicago, Illinois, USA.

More to come!

The land of Lincoln.  The home of Obama.  Some of the best pizza ever made.  Hmmmm, now I'm hungry for pizza.  But no Old Style.

Its time to play GUESS WHERE IM AT

the above pictured young lady got stopped at the end of the first round... I know you all were dying to know.

The MMA Thread: all me, all the time.

I see many palm trees, a ton of American naval ships and mountains. That should be slightly easy to guess. Kill me for reviving it if you want.....

oooh! new smileys:  :shred:

There's really no trees in Afghanistan to speak of and I'm not linked up through Tony Stark to post either.... try again!  :bigsmile:

Haha! 

Well, in reality I was thinking Hawai'i, but maybe Florida, since you go there sometimes.  Mountains make me think Hawai'i, though.

Deano said:
oooh! new smileys:  :shred:

You can thank Travis for that, hehe. Also, how long before you won't be allowed to tell us where you are? Last time I saw my ex all she could tell me was "I was overseas" and the only logical possibilities were Germany, Iraq or Afghanistan... the secrecy seemed ridiculous, but understandable.

Well, I'm hoping that at this point I have MORE than fulfilled my obligation doing Dirty Harry work. I think I will be able to ride out the rest of my career in this plum spot I'm sitting in right now.

Yeah, it's been a nice and thankfully fortunate ride so far; only 4 years left to go and then I'm turning back into a pumpkin.

My old man is in agreement with you. They gave him a desk in an air conditioned spacious office, and he's pretty bloody happy with it.

Palm trees, eh? California somewhere, I'm guessing!
Probably Pendleton.

And we have a winner; actually 2. That was a good guess on Pendleton LC but I'm actually a little further south at the San Diego Naval Base. I get to assist deploying units with embark tasks for a while. I'm pretty happy about that; as your dad is LC.

I have a cousin that was stationed there (Marine) a few years back.  He ended up on a ship that came back from Iraq, past Hawai'i, and to San Diego. 

Cool, San Diego is a pretty cool place. The weather is awesome, there's tons of things to do. The people are a little superficial and I think they hand out drivers licences in cereal boxes though.

No joke!  I had sold him a motorcycle, which he took out there, and he said he almost got ran off the road several times.  Then a buddy ran over it while it was parked.  He said that the USMC required some sort of jacket or vest while he was riding.  Does this make sense to you?

Back