Is that really tough being Dave Murray?

mihai

The Prisoner
I don't know if this has been discussed here, but I was thinking which might be the interest percentage in Iron Maiden business, so I started making some inquiries on the publicly available information with the British trade registry and I was (a bit) surprised to find out that the shareholding structure of Iron Maiden Holdings Limited is the following:

Steve - 4.967 shares + 100 voting rights
Dave - 1.686 shares + 100 voting rights
Bruce - 1.338 shares with no voting rights
Janick - 749 shares with no voting rights
Adrian - 584 shares with no voting rights
Nicko - 564 shares with no voting rights

Seems to me that only Mr Harris and Mr Murray have decision powers. Also, I was surprised of how low Adrian's shareholding is (most certainly he was sanctioned for his departure).

Well then. I guess we need to rename the "it's tough being Dave Murray" thread because this is clear evidence against the very premise of that thread!

Publicly available information on the registry website. I attach the latest registration regarding profit distribution (see last page).

Attachments

• document.pdf
    99.1 KB · Views: 41
But, on the other hand, Steve, Dave and Nicko have nothing in Maiden Brews, Maiden Audio, Maiden Comics and a few other branches. I guess for tax reasons :D .

But, if I'm corect, Iron Maiden Holdings LTD is only used to branch out money to each of the members' own holding (credits for songwriting, etc...). The voting power in this company means nothing, really. Except that Dave and Steve can kinck a member out.

Iron Maiden LLP is where the money at.

P.S. You just published Rod's address.

Still odd that such info is publicly available. British rules I guess.

edit:
And why is Bruce not in this with his own name?

Still odd that such info is publicly available. British rules I guess.
There are websites that collate information from the electoral register. If you Google someone then you can find their address through one of these websites and everyone who lives at that address. I think it's optional to make this information available though, when you're informing the electoral register where you live.

When news agencies report on court cases they are allowed to publish the defendant's address for some reason. So I could read about For O'Star of 22 Acacia Avenue, Hackney on trial for harassing a P. Bruce Dickinson for autographs.

But, on the other hand, Steve, Dave and Nicko have nothing in Maiden Brews, Maiden Audio, Maiden Comics and a few other branches. I guess for tax reasons :D .

But, if I'm corect, Iron Maiden Holdings LTD is only used to branch out money to each of the members' own holding (credits for songwriting, etc...). The voting power in this company means nothing, really. Except that Dave and Steve can kinck a member out.

Iron Maiden LLP is where the money at.

P.S. You just published Rod's address.

Admitting you are right, why would Dave have more rights than Adrian on songwriting and other related items?

I seem to recall reading in Run to the Hills that Adrian didn't invest his money as well as the rest - certainly possible that he cashed out some of his holdings for up front payments earlier on.

Admitting you are right, why would Dave have more rights than Adrian on songwriting and other related items?
It's not songwriting rights. It's the company that dispatches money to songwriters. Dave and Steve have full control over this company and this has nothing to do how much each member makes. But they have the power to cut them from profits (in case someone leaves/is kicked out of the band). There are also other companies like Iron Maiden Touring LTD which dispatch money to each member's own holding.

If I'm not mistaken there are 3 companies: Iron Maiden Holdings Ltd. (Songwriting), Iron Maiden Touring LLP (Tour profits) and Iron Maiden LLP.

I believe it pretty much does.

@matic22 - I made a quick check and it seems that IM Holdings is also one of the shareholders the LLP, so I believe it is relevant what is in there.

In fact, that is the whole purpose of a holding - it is the “mother company” of all the others in the group.

I believe it pretty much does.

@matic22 - I made a quick check and it seems that IM Holdings is also one of the shareholders the LLP, so I believe it is relevant what is in there.

In fact, that is the whole purpose of a holding - it is the “mother company” of all the others in the group.

It is. But it's an equal partner to holdings of each individual member. I think IM Holdings is some kind of fuse for Steve and Dave if things go tits up with any member (read additional voting power in Iron Maiden LLP).

Back