Is it worth joining the fanclub?

Whereabouts is the online version? I found it earlier but didn't have time to read it, but now I can't find it again, all I can find is where you can buy the mag

I cannot find it anymore!

EDIT: There is a direct link in the latest Murders in the Rue Morgue newsletter. I have sent it to you by PM.

I wanted to start my own thread, but as a new member here, perhaps it's better to have my 1st post in this one.

I joined the fanclub on Monday, admittedly for the purpose of getting access to pre-sale tickets for the tour. I only wanted 2 GA tickets for their Austin show. Well, Ticketmaster completely screwed me ... and I'm royally pissed!

They wrongfully denied my purchase, telling me the next day that my email domain had been blacklisted (not just my specific address). After "permission" to use my address once, I checked in a couple hours later and ALL the GA tickets were sold out. I called them again and asked them to fix the situation. They said a supervisor would call within 24-48 hours. They never did. Now the tickets went public and all of those GA tickets? Instead of $99 each, they're $300+ (on TM, not even mentioning reseller sites). Unbelievable! I want to throttle one of TMs mgmt team right now.

Their grunts told me their spvr may not be able to help anyway and the best thing to do would be to contact the promoter. When I asked what the promoters info was, they declined to tell me!

Though I didn't really come here for sympathy, I'm mainly asking if there is anything else I can do? I'm thinking of even contacting local news agencies or maybe even a national one, to tell them what unbelievable horsesh*t this is, from TM. Anyone?

Did you renew your membership back then? If not, your new membership will be the digital only one.
No, it did end unfortunately. I was busy and forgot, but I already decided that I might let it for pause as there's not probably any need to have it active. Next years show that Im going to is festival and so can't have FTTB for it.
It seems that maybe there has been some problems with the mags, mine's arrived within the normal time frame but back then when I read it on the forums some had to wait long time for the mags to arrive.
So, will it go on for while with the mags for the people that have subscription and then they will roll out the change to all that every single magazine will be from that point be digital for all.

Can someone please help me bit, what's there in the latest mags interview with Steve & Bruce? I saw one pic posted of FB-fanpage..

nothing really worthwhile. Only thing that piqued my interest was Bruce saying he has tapes of pre-album rehersals for TNOTB, we knew they would have that sort of stuff anyway but it's nice to wonder if they'll see the light of day.

nothing really worthwhile. Only thing that piqued my interest was Bruce saying he has tapes of pre-album rehersals for TNOTB, we knew they would have that sort of stuff anyway but it's nice to wonder if they'll see the light of day.

It is a bit sad/pathetic that one learns more about the songs off the album from reading interviews with the band members in Classic Rock and Guitar World than when they are interviewed for the Fan Club magazine, but this probably shows how much they care about the latter more than anything else.

Considering the absolute mess getting a ticket was for many this run of dates, its 100% worth it for the pre sale alone

Considering the absolute mess getting a ticket was for many this run of dates, its 100% worth it for the pre sale alone

Presales are only useful if Maiden happen to be touring wherever you want to see them and they are not doing festivals there.

I did not get any benefits with UK presales most calendar years of the last decade.

Last edited:
I hope the lost tapes of Somewhere in Time and the supporting tour see the day of light. There were too many cameras at the first gig for there not to be footage somewhere.

A fellow fan club member has posted the following information that was sent to members in January 2021...

1640279781194.png

And in December 2021 they announced that we would no longer be getting the FC T-shirt for free when we renew our membership and that FC magazines would be digital. If someone wants a hardcopy, they would have to purchase them at £6.66 plus P&P.

The membership now costs £25 (instead of £32), giving you access to the following:
  • 10% discount across almost everything in the shop
  • Access to FC exclusive merch
  • Access to ticket presales for Iron Maiden shows
  • Access to our legendary 'First to the barrier' draw to be first-in at upcoming Maiden shows
  • Bi-weekly Rue Morgue Email Newsletter
  • Regular competitions
  • Digital editions of the Iron Maiden Fan Club magazine
(Presales and FTTB not available for festival shows).

Basically the same, but without printed magazines or T-shirt.

I am still in two minds about renewing. I have been a member since 1999 and last year only renewed my membership for the printed magazines. With no UK dates since 2018 it is not as if I have found any use to the presales and I lost interest in overpriced tacky merchandising ages ago.

I might stay for one more year to see if the new format is worth the money. I have not made up my mind yet though.

Just wondering is there still a price difference between UK members and everywhere else, as with no postage for magazines then there can't be any justification for charging the rest of us more anymore.

It cost me over €40 this year, which is ok with the tshirt and magazines, but I can't see spending that again as I don't have a lot of interest in the official forum, I've had no problems getting tickets for a Maiden gig ever, and first to the barrier is something that I'm a bit long in the tooth for.

To be honest, I am running out of reasons to renew, but there's an element of nostalgia in doing so (plus a rumoured UK tour in late 2022). As I said, I might give it one last chance to see if they deliver the goods in 2022. I have until late February to make up my mind.

Been a member since 97 but havent renewed yet, expired today. £25 for the forum is just not worth it. And digital magazines is just a joke IMO and a hazzle to read.
They have always been one or two steps behind the times, compared to Metallica.
Things have just gotten worse as they used to have FC conventions and FC tips to gigs.
I get it that times change and there is not much need for a traditional FC, they should just make it free like Met Club.

I think the fan club is inexpensive enough that just the couple of magazines are worth it to me. I’m sure not everyone shares that opinion.

After thinking long and hard, I decided to give the Fan Club the benefit of the doubt and renewed my membership last week (I have been a member since 1999). Nevertheless, if all the hype regarding the promised new exciting Fan Club advantages fails to materialise this year, it will probably be my last as a member.

After thinking long and hard, I decided to give the Fan Club the benefit of the doubt and renewed my membership last week (I have been a member since 1999). Nevertheless, if all the hype regarding the promised new exciting Fan Club advantages fails to materialise this year, it will probably be my last as a member.
I doubt you will see me there after the summer..

My sub ran out earlier this month. I can sum my membership the past year by saying that outside of vague promises of great things to come, the first 6 months was almost complete silence related to the band and the IMFC. Followed up by shit show after shit show with Alexander doing his best damage control snake oil salesman approach as every response.
I'm sure the there's plenty of new branded products coming down the pipe all the while ignoring or glossing over anniversaries of iconic albums. I'm not gonna miss that weird cult like forum vibe that licks the boots of everything Maiden Management does. All that said it was the loss of the paper mags was the last straw for me. No way im paying $35 for a forum.

Just let my membership lapse, for me I was paying for a magazine and a t-shirt, with access to the forum was a bonus that I would occasionally use. With the magazine going digital and no t-shirt, it really doesn’t seem worth being a member.

Back