Is it worth joining the fanclub?

I'm solely renewing for fanzines. I do not wish to miss the next one. Perhaps the less interesting fanclub years will start straight after this fanzine.

It's the cost of a t-shirt, but to me the mags were the main reason to be a member. I was member from '94 to 2005 or so. When they included the board into the membership I left.

I was pretty much the same as you joined around that time, when they brought in paying for the board there was an option to just pay 10 euro for the board only, I went with that option as I thought the internet had made the magazines redundant and that they take the piss out of non-UK residents with the extra charges we have to pay for postage etc..

I paid that €10 for the message board only for the first year rather than the full membership. Then my board membership still worked up until 2011 I think without me having to pay again:lol:

I've rejoined now as I thought I might want to buy the boxset but in the end it wasn't to my liking. As @GhostofCain says I'll probably be happy enough to be a member for the presale tickets only, I think the quality of the discussion on the board over there now is piss poor compared to here, too many posts to follow anything really and a lot of it is cliques and mates chatting.

I think this time round I will probably renew my membership in February so I can have priority access to ticket sales for a rumoured November/December UK tour, but I agree being a member is becoming less and less worth the money it costs.
I really haven't been reading these threads closely enough

It would be awesome if FC scanned all the past FC-magazines and then would let the members access them on the pages.

They did scan some (not many) old FC magazines and had them on the Fan Club section of the website.

If anything, it made me appreciate how much the magazines had improved since I joined the Fan Club in 1999! :lol:

Rejoined the FC yesterday. And because I criticised Blaze’s live performances I was accused of being disrespectful to Blaze fans! What the hell’s wrong with the blatantly obvious??

Oh and so far, it seems I may have made a mistake with joining the FC. Some of the perks of joining aren’t there at the moment. Have to wait and see if that changes

Rejoined the FC yesterday. And because I criticised Blaze’s live performances I was accused of being disrespectful to Blaze fans! What the hell’s wrong with the blatantly obvious??

Oh and so far, it seems I may have made a mistake with joining the FC. Some of the perks of joining aren’t there at the moment. Have to wait and see if that changes
Its mostly an echo chamber over there. Hardly worth reading let alone engaging on a regular basis. The mags were the only reason I resubed and Ive gotten 1 fc mag since I renewed last jan. I doubt Ill be back.

I'm solely renewing for fanzines. I do not wish to miss the next one. Perhaps the less interesting fanclub years will start straight after this fanzine.

I think you will find the interview with the band members rather disappointing (I certainly have: there’s little to no information about the new songs).

If you have not received the mag yet, you can read it online at the FC section of the band’s website.

Its mostly an echo chamber over there. Hardly worth reading let alone engaging on a regular basis. The mags were the only reason I resubed and Ive gotten 1 fc mag since I renewed last jan. I doubt Ill be back.
It does seem that they get too easily offended on there.
Some of the merchandise is okay. But, unless you’re buying a load of tees, joining the FC for 10% discount doesn’t seem worth it

May I ask in which thread this has happened?

So true. There was a time when there were interesting discussions over there, links to interviews posted, etc. Now it is mostly a chat room.

My sub run out in october, so when are they going to stop sending the mags or the shirt? Is it now or later?
I’ve no idea. The information about the FC isn’t very clear on that. I assumed the mags are now sent by attachment and not actually real mags anymore. But, i really don’t know

If you have not received the mag yet, you can read it online at the FC section of the band’s website.

Whereabouts is the online version? I found it earlier but didn't have time to read it, but now I can't find it again, all I can find is where you can buy the mag

Back