Is it worth joining the fanclub?

Do we have Cried?
giphy.gif

CONCLUSION: Whole world went to sh** one year ago when those Cried account become dormant.

As per members on official IMFC:
A colorful bunch like any other fan club. Met a few of them and while some came across as awesome people, others came across as snobbish Maiden-belong-to-me-more-than-to-you type who were grouped in clans. Honestly, I don't know how IM members (especially Steve, Janick and Nicko) can be so patient and calm around some of them.

Its been a long time since Ive been in the fanclub but hanging around those forums definitely left an impression. Whenever Im on Facebook and I see a post like "HAVE A VERY MAIDEN FRIDAY BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!" with a blurry maiden photo blown up so it has a total of 3 pixels or with the Maiden fellas photo shopped on candy hearts or some shit I think to myself yup there's a fan club member.

Declares an Iron Maiden weekend
rotates Run To The Hills, Wasted Years, Can I Play With Madness and Fear of the Dark (live) all the time

Criticising people because they prefer Can I Play With Madness than Another Life or any other obscure track is an act of snobbery.

I did resubscribe to the Fan Club earlier this week. For the first time in 20 years I considered not doing it (I have not been particularly impressed with the band and their lack of interaction with their fans during the pandemic when they had nothing to sell), but in the end I did because I quite enjoy the magazines and keeping in touch with some of the fans at the official fan club forum.

I'm not critiquing the choice but the amount of songs.

Same here, Cain (last November I think it was). Although I am not that long a member. And the renewal t-shirt is one of the best they did.

Same here, Cain (last November I think it was). Although I am not that long a member. And the renewal t-shirt is one of the best they did.

Do you mean the SIT Eddie one (i.e. 2020 T-shirt)? That one is really cool.

The quality of the 2021 T-shirt (a take on the Iron Maiden/Killers Eddie) leaves a lot to be desired. I would probably put mine on sale on ebay soon...

1612561413827.jpeg

Do you mean the SIT Eddie one (i.e. 2020 T-shirt)? That one is really cool.

The quality of the 2021 T-shirt (a take on the Iron Maiden/Killers Eddie) leaves a lot to be desired. I would probably put mine on sale on ebay soon...

View attachment 13752
No not this. Probably the other one. I had it in November or December when I prolongued.

They have a Running Free one like that in the shop at the moment, but it's ruined a bit by a big back print.

Hi all, new sign up and hoping you guys can help me.

I was looking to pick up Maiden vinyl and noticed via the official site you had to be in the fanclub to buy the albums on vinyl?

Most are available on amazon etc but just wondering if there is a benefit in buying vinyl from the fan club? Special editions, cheaper etc?

Hi all, new sign up and hoping you guys can help me.

I was looking to pick up Maiden vinyl and noticed via the official site you had to be in the fanclub to buy the albums on vinyl?

Most are available on amazon etc but just wondering if there is a benefit in buying vinyl from the fan club? Special editions, cheaper etc?

No benefits whatsoever. Much better to buy them from an independent local record shop if you have one near where you live.

I’m pretty sure that Maiden’s official stores allow non-fan club members to buy shit. But that said, I use a combination of Amazon, eBay, and Discogs to get my Maiden collection groove on.

Back