Iron Maiden vs. Killers?

Iron Maiden vs. Killers?

• Total voters
Both albums are great. I really cannot understand why they have not played Purgatory Live again after 1981. It is such a great song.
because people would probably complain "This is a Paul Di'anno song, only he can sing this song BRUCE SUCKS!!!''

Iron Maiden by a mile. Far more mature and inspired songwriting overall, and it actually sounds like a full, completely focused body of work (as opposed to Killers, which almost sounds like a B-side compilation).

Both albums are great. I really cannot understand why they have not played Purgatory Live again after 1981. It is such a great song.
Never knew that, but certainly due to the speed of the song. (I seem to recall it being the fastest song Maiden ever did..). Did Bruce perform it during his time with Maiden in '81?

I'm not sure which album I like more, but I find them both to be just about as enjoyable as any Maiden album. Love side 1 of IM and side 2 of Killers.

Not sure.. I'm more likely to listen to Killers than the debut. But that's probably because of the production. The only time I listen to the songs from the debut is live versions with Bruce. So probably Killers.

Not sure.. I'm more likely to listen to Killers than the debut. But that's probably because of the production. The only time I listen to the songs from the debut is live versions with Bruce. So probably Killers.
The production sounds cool to me, gives it a real vintage raw sound.

I think it's a serious case of Bruce/Adrian bias.
They are both superior to Paul Di'Anno and Dennis Stratton so ok. The songs simlpy sound better. Phantom of the Opera on Live After Death vs the studio version? LAD no doubt. Remember Tomorrow at Ullevi or studio? No contest.

They are both superior to Paul Di'Anno and Dennis Stratton so ok. The songs simlpy sound better.
Well, it was actually just a joke referencing what recently happened in the Head to Head game. :ok:

But, since you brought it up...
Phantom of the Opera on Live After Death vs the studio version?
Studio.
Remember Tomorrow at Ullevi or studio?
Studio. Ullevi 2005 is cool, but very overrated.

I'd also rather have the LAD-version of Phantom - it's the ultimate version of the song for me :) on the other hand, at the Ullevi 2005 show they played it way too slow for my taste. It doesn't have to have the break-neck tempo of some of the 80's recordings, but it loses all its power and punch if not performed at a decent tempo.
I realise too that I prefer live versions of most of the debut album, but with exceptions. Running Free and Iron Maiden only really comes together live, but I think I prefer the studio version of Sanctuary, on the other hand.

there's better tracks on the first album, although Wrathchild and the newly written tracks for Killers (murders in the rue morgue and Killers) are better than everything on the first album except Phantom. Killers is probably my favourite production job of any Maiden album.

I'd put it down as a draw.

Killers is probably my favourite production job of any Maiden album.
I can understand that. Great sound. And Clive sounds (and plays) so good on this record. Best from his career. Next to Piece of Mind this one has some of the heaviest/hardest sounding guitars as well.

Killers:
-Aggression
-In Your Face
-Best production for Clive's drums
-Best guitar solos and production from the first three albums

Back