Iron Maiden vs. Killers?

Iron Maiden vs. Killers?

• Total voters
The Bruce defendahs lurk everywhere.
This is about two Di'Anno albums people. Can't we talk about them without immediately going into Bruce fan modus?

Can’t their be a thread on this forum where ypu don’t add your sanctimonious comments. I don’t see the word moderator next to your name.

Paul is a decent singer in my opinion and perfectly suited the 1st 2 albums but lets face facts here, he isn't fit to wipe Bruce's backside in the vocal stakes. Don't worry John, you made a mistake I forgive you buddy.

No mistake buddy. I prefer the Dianno albums. I stated the fact. The other buddy couldn't handle that and seems you can't either.
Why cry about it? I'll think about forgiving you too.

Should've said the Dianno / Burr albums. Now he was a drummer to have kept around. Real powerhouse. I prefer Clive to Nicko as well. Maybe that'll go down easier than the Dianno preference

I don't think anyone gives a flying panhandle that you prefer Dianno, more that you told a buddy he was "wrong" for thinking otherwise.

You're both wrong, Dennis Wilcock is the one.

To be fair i think they were heavily provoked.
^^This.

As I stated before I love the 2 Paul albums. I prefer Killers. I also don't understand why so many rate it so low. I think it's stronger all the way through and has better sound/production than the debut. Though out of the two the debut has the best track, Phantom.

The Paul albums are the first Maiden albums I ever heard back in 1981 so they hold a special place in my heart. But no way, no way......are they better than anything else Bruce/Maiden have done.

So this is not wrong? For a Dianno fan it fuckin well is, bud.

The production on Iron Maiden was always an issue. They would never have got Martin Birch to produce it despite him claiming interest in it later on.
That would have been ideal though. It's already my favourite album, but with a Birch production it would ram thru the roof.
The other person that may have worked better than Will Malone is Tony Wilson. I seem to recall there was a falling out between him and Steve. Maybe someone has info on this.

Last edited:
What a special place: placed the lowest in a list of twenty plus albums.
Yeah, that didn't quite come out right. I do love them both I just think most of the Bruce albums are better. I don't make/keep lists but if I had to I would rank IM and Killers above No Prayer, FOTD, and (if I'm honest) DOD and TFF.
Killers was my first Maiden album and the one that made me love the band, so yes it is very special to me in that regard. And I will fight anyone who says it's bad:fencing:

See @Diesel 11 not one buddy in the above post. Just to please you. And I feel like half the man I used to be.
1950franklinhalfdollar.jpg

I'd say IM had the stronger songs. But Killers is a better showcase for Di'Anno's voice.
The best showcase for Di'Anno's voice is the full length Maiden Japan concert (Nagoya - 05-1981). To anyone saying that Paul was just an okay singer needs to listen to that concert. He was an incredible singer back then and yes, he had an excellent range and was able to sustain it. He also had the more aggressive delivery when needed. I also much prefer Clive's drumming. He's highly underrated.

Back