Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

Known theory, certainly valid, but why go there then? The audiences have been diminishing since 1986, and in ten years they can't sell out 1000 people clubs. I'm not saying avoiding US but going there as a full tour leg does not have logic to me. Why they didn't try with 3 or 4 shows with a good lineup and full Euro stage FX, maybe on the east coast for logistics reasons.

I guess they were trying to rebuild the brand. It is the biggest market in the world.

Known theory, certainly valid, but why go there then? The audiences have been diminishing since 1986, and in ten years they can't sell out 1000 people clubs. I'm not saying avoiding US but going there as a full tour leg does not have logic to me. Why they didn't try with 3 or 4 shows with a good lineup and full Euro stage FX, maybe on the east coast for logistics reasons.
Diminishing since 1986 means that they went from 4 nights at Long Beach to 2 etc. Even as late as '93 they were still playing big arenas.

What happened in 1995 is that ticket sales fell off a cliff overnight. But Maiden are a live band and Steve in particular is too proud to run away from failure like that. Which is why they soldiered on through the toilet venues because that's what real bands do.

Discovered a new upload of Paris '99. This one seems to have been recorded from the other side of the arena. I keep looking for myself bobbing up and down in the front row.

Newest upload.

I'm so used to seeing Bruce singing ''Fear Of The Dark'' from above the drums after the Reunion that I felt a little strange seeing him front stage for this song again.

Interview compilation from the SIT era:

Curious info: Bruce's favorite songs from the album are ''Caught Somewhere In Time'' and ''Stranger In A Strange Land'' (no wonder he wants to play it live again).

Btw, in this same interview of Dave with Mick Wall (not shown here), he said that his favorite songs from the album are ''Deja-Vu'' and ''Heaven Can Wait'', IIRC.

Just found another recording of Buenos Aires 1998, the final show of the Virtual XI tour and the Blaze era. Much better quality than the previous one.

It was propably difficult going back out again and doing those finals shows in South America in early december of 1998, but I think that the band pulled together and did a great final show.

Last edited:

Just found another recording of Buenos Aires, 1998, the final show of the Virtual XI tour and the Blaze era. Much better quality than the previous one.

It was propably difficult going back out again and doing those finals shows in South America in early december of 1998, but I think that the band pulled together and did a great final show.
The audio quality is surprisingly good. Could download that into an mp3 and make a live bootleg.

Just found another recording of Buenos Aires 1998, the final show of the Virtual XI tour and the Blaze era. Much better quality than the previous one.

Thanks a lot for sharing this video. <3

I think the backwards hat makes Blaze look like just one of the guys, not a superstar like Bruce.

I cannot remember any of the other guys wearing a backwards baseball cap on stage…
Ghost, if you took three seconds to pause for reading comprehension you’d know I was using the English idiom ‘one of the guys’ in the metaphorical sense and not in the literal sense of him being just like the rest of the band. You should be better than this.

Back