IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was off to one side of the mixing tower and slightly forward, everything sounded fine to me. Perhaps one of the guitars was a touch quieter than the others but not to a problematic degree.

I was off to one side of the mixing tower and slightly forward, everything sounded fine to me. Perhaps one of the guitars was a touch quieter than the others but not to a problematic degree.
Yes I think it was a very odd situation, some people had really great sound, especially in the Vodafone VIP area which was behind me, yet many others were in the same sonic quagmire as me. The Download Forums have had loads of people complaining about it and saying they left early, and several others saying it was just fine!

Yes, I think if you were relatively high up, and relatively close to the stage you had a better chance of hearing a guitar or two!

Dave was having a seriously good night. Normally, Adrian is my favourite of the three to listen to, but Dave won it this time. Every time he took a solo, he melted our heads effortlessly. In the crowd, complete strangers were turning to each other saying: "What the F******************?"

Glad to hear Davey was on such good form! :D

UK fans:
Bruce announced at Download that there will be a London show at the o2 on the 3rd of August, I am absolutely, completely and utterly thrilled that I'll actually be able to see the tour!!!

I posted a couple of weeks ago about this them playing the O2 that weekend (strong possibility of a 2nd night as well) but don't think anybody believed me! As I live 30mins away from the O2 to say I am buzzing about this is an understatement! :bigsmile:

Hermod: the reason your leak was treated with scepticism is that it's extremely easy for anyone to post something on the internet and say that it's true. We have no idea who you or your friend are so what reason did anyone have to believe you?

Hermod: the reason your leak was treated with scepticism is that it's extremely easy for anyone to post something on the internet and say that it's true. We have no idea who you or your friend are so what reason did anyone have to believe you?

I appreciate that but I only posted it as I wanted to give fans a heads up of what was (very likely) to happen.

From my point of view it was a godsend as we were planning on going away that weekend and once I found out I was able to put those plans on hold. Just thought it would be nice to give you all a bit of warning, I didn't do it to big myself up at all.

Anyhow all I know is a mob of us are going and we literally can't wait to see them again!

Just came back from A'dam. The crowd was pretty good. They were more into it than Berlin. Bruce made some comments on the venue called Ziggo Dome. They should call it Ziggo Square or Ziggo Cube or something. Because it doesn't look like a dome. :)

When he introduced the band, he said that Nicko hated to do drum solos. And then "do you want Nicko to play a drum solo?", and then Nicko did some little bits. Bruce: "Ah, he's a fucking jazz drummer!".
It wasn't much, but quite rare perhaps, although I haven't seen much other footage from this tour.
I noticed that there was lots of echo in Adrian's solos in Seventh Son, which led to a great sound. Strong, modern "freaky" solos by the way.

I dislike his solo in Wasted Years. Especially the first half goes quite different from the original and sounds a bit messy and less strong as the melodic solo we're used to.

And Janick does some really cool sounds in the calm piece of Seventh Son. Quite liked that.

And Janick does some really cool sounds in the calm piece of Seventh Son. Quite liked that.
I get the impression, in general, that Janick is more calm on this Tour than in Final Frontier Tour, maybe because the actual set list doesn't show himself to his advantage? Except Fear Of The Dark et Afraid, all songs are from the Murray-Smith period.
In 2011, for my first show of Iron Maiden, I only saw Janick on stage, he was just epic! But thre weeks ago, he was almost transparent. Not an easy Tour for him, unfortunately.

Besides Fear and Afraid he also does a solo in Phantom, Trooper and Evil (last two, together with H). Not much indeed. But he doesn't seem to suffer much from it. Quite a burst of energy as always.

Ah, more encouraging Forostar! Sounds good, especially the little Nicko bit. Don't think I'm going to get to the London O2 gig unfortunately, so just have to live off these little reports until another day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back