Iron Maiden Survivor done: Hallowed and Rime co-champions

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Hallowed Be Thy Name

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
Re: Iron Maiden Survivor: Dance Of Death round 2 (Nov 15-17)

No More Lies
Montsegur
Face in the Sand (very strong intro, later the song goes on and on for minutes, without any interesting change)

Quetzalcoatlus said:
Rainmaker

D:

Exactly the same as Forostar. Face in the Sand has a great intro and a boring rest of the song.

The remaining songs from DoD (except maybe Age of Innocence) are, in my opinion, quite good. Face In The Sand is maybe a bit long-winded, but there are songs out there that are far worse in that respect.

I think if Dance of Death had been without the three already eliminated songs, it would've been a great album. As it is now, it's just good (and well into the bottom half of the albums).

Anyway, my choices for this round are Face In The Sand, Age of Innocence and Journeyman.

Montsegur, Age Of Innocence, Ghost Of The Navigator

Phantom, Dance of Death, Age of Innocence. (I mistook FitS for AoI in the previous round, sorry 'bout that. FitS is a pretty cool song.)

I like FitS, but it's weaker than the others so...

FitS, AoI and NML.

I think Face in the Sand has one of the most epic openings in any Maiden song, but it just drags out and becomes repetetive.

Btw - so many votes for No More Lies? Don't you find awesome the part "the clock is fast, the hour is near, eventful past is everclear..."

gulranek said:
Btw - so many votes for No More Lies? Don't you find awesome the part "the clock is fast, the hour is near, eventful past is everclear..."

That part, and the guitar solos, are awesome. No doubt about that. This song is in my opinion one of the best songs on the album - together with Rainmaker, the title track and of course Paschendale.

I don't mind No More Lies at all, but it's so unexeptional in every way.

It's (again) a song with a beautiful intro, but the rest consists of:
- Recycled material. The instrumental parts remind me too much of older work, especially -if not mistaken- The Educated Fool & Judgement of Heaven.
- (Again) not a great chorus, to say the least.

Forostar said:
The instrumental parts remind me too much of older work, especially -if not mistaken- The Educated Fool & Judgement of Heaven.

I didn't even think about that, but now that you mention it.

Reumeren said:
I think Face in the Sand has one of the most epic openings in any Maiden song, but it just drags out and becomes repetetive.

Agreed.  The opening is haunting and mesmerizing, but the song becomes so average after.

Back