Iron Maiden Survivor done: Hallowed and Rime co-champions

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Hallowed Be Thy Name

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
Re: Iron Maiden Survivor: AMOLAD round 6 (Dec 3-5)

Mega said:
BNW.
Meh, we could've dumped all three and have a final 8 for a change.

No, we can't. Two reasons...

1. In the Finals, one song is eliminated at a time. Killing 2 at once is not allowed in that series.

2. THE FINALS ARE NOT THE NEXT ROUND.
The next round is a selection of non-album tracks. It will be about 10 songs, though I haven't picked the songs yet. The Finals are after that.

BNW (even though the song is amazing.)
Moonchild beats Phantom, GotN and Infinite Dreams, and I might venture to say BTATS, but I'd have to take a relisten first. :D Although BTATS is by far the best on a very brilliant album (next to TCDR).

SinisterMinisterX said:
No, we can't. Two reasons...

1. In the Finals, one song is eliminated at a time. Killing 2 at once is not allowed in that series.

The next round is a selection of non-album tracks. It will be about 10 songs, though I haven't picked the songs yet. The Finals are after that.

Oh, I didnt know that.
Ok.

Ghost Of The Navigator.

BNW. Other two are much better. Glad to see that the majority is on my side for a change. :D

Moonchild. The reason is simple.

Moonchild is the 2nd but worst track from SSOASS.
All other songs from that album are better than Moonchild, with the exception of CIPWM & The Prophecy.

Both Brave New World & The Ghost of the Navigator belong to the best from that album.

SinisterMinisterX said:

What are you thinking? Maiden-written songs like Invasion, Burning Ambition etc or kick-ass covers such as Massacre, Cross-Eyed Mary, or a bit of both? For non-album tracks my favorites are below, they're mostly covers, since the IM-written one are usually pretty silly (Mission From 'Arry, Sheriff of Huddersfield), but obviously you know what you're doing.

1. That Girl
2. Massacre
3. Cross-Eyed Mary
4. King of Twilight (although I don't really like Childhood's End)
5. I've Got the Fire
6. Black Bart Blues (if you edit out the annoying "are you guys in a band or something...")
7. Juanita

That being said, I'd expect none of the 10 will touch the top then that remain, although you never know.

Habberdasher said:
1. That Girl
2. Massacre
3. Cross-Eyed Mary
5. I've Got the Fire

Those are my 5 favourites non-album tracks of the Bruce period as well. The 2 MOTE B-sides are my other favs.

The top 5 are way ahead of the other 2 I listed, but I have done some cutting and pasting BBB to take out the grating voice, for my own enjoyment. I wonder if this Juanita knew Charlotte?

Habberdasher said:
What are you thinking? Maiden-written songs like Invasion, Burning Ambition etc or kick-ass covers such as Massacre, Cross-Eyed Mary, or a bit of both?

A bit of both.
Or more accurately: since I still haven't picked the songs, it's more fair to say I'm not excluding either of those categories in advance.

Habberdasher said:
...the IM-written one are usually pretty silly (Mission From 'Arry, Sheriff of Huddersfield), but obviously you know what you're doing.

1. That Girl
2. Massacre
3. Cross-Eyed Mary
5. I've Got the Fire
6. Black Bart Blues (if you edit out the annoying "are you guys in a band or something...")
7. Juanita

While I haven't picked the songs yet, I have given it some thought. Some of the songs I'm leaning towards include Sheriff Of Huddersfield, That Girl, Cross-Eyed Mary, I've Got The Fire, Black Bart Blues and Juanita. (King Of Twilight hadn't occurred to me, I'll consider it.) Also Justice Of The Peace and of course Women In Uniform. We can't skip an early single like that one.

AND OBVIOUSLY "REACH OUT", ALL HAIL ADRIAN SMITH

There was some discussion about this back in early October. I'm going to find that bit of the thread and see what we came up with there. I know a couple people had some requests. The problem will be keeping the list down to 10 songs or so. I really don't want a huge non-album round.

I'll try to get everyone's (reasonable) requests in, though - even if it means pushing up to 12 or 13 songs.

I did consider Mission From 'Arry just as a joke ... but I'm afraid of you lunatics and what you might do. I worry that once introduced to the competition, Mission From 'Arry could win the whole shebang! :bigsmile:

Habberdasher said:
That being said, I'd expect none of the 10 will touch the top then that remain, although you never know.

I expect the same, but a few could put up a good fight. Some surviving songs like Aces High and Phantom have a lot of people trying to kill them, after all...

Aw fuck moonchild is going down.

Forostar said:
Moonchild. The reason is simple.

Moonchild is the 2nd but worst track from SSOASS.
All other songs from that album are better than Moonchild, with the exception of CIPWM & The Prophecy.

Both Brave New World & The Ghost of the Navigator belong to the best from that album.

Lies. . .

I don't know whether I prefer Moonchild or BNW. I might just level the voting for the hell of it :P

Back