IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR #7: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 6th time!

Eliminated after Round 4:
Prodigal Son - 18 votes
Purgatory - 16 votes
Transylvania - 14 votes
22 Acacia Avenue - 13 votes

Promoted after Round 4:
Prowler
Remember Tomorrow
Phantom Of The Opera
Wrathchild
Murders In The Rue Morgue
Killers
22 is out before Murders or Remember Tomorrow!

Voted for:

Children Of The Damned
Die With Your Boots On
Quest For Fire
Sun And Steel

Cool songs, but the competition is brutal.

Children Of The Damned
The Prisoner
The Number Of The Beast
Run To The Hills
Where Eagles Dare
Sun & Steel
To Tame A Land

It's getting more difficult now. S&S and TTAL were safe choices, I've never been a fan of them, and WED is an interesting track, but much weaker than the rest of the album. I like all the remaining POM songs more than the remaining TNOTB songs, HBTN being the obvious exception, so the rest of the votes went to the other TNOTB songs.

POM is an interesting album cuz a lot of it is classic (although it dips after “Still Life”), but songs like “Revelations” and “Flight of Icarus” became way better on Live After Death. The album versions are so tame in comparison. “Still Life” is one of Maiden’s most underrated songs and the best of the first four albums.
POM is a bit like the DOD album in terms of what you said. I agree about Still Life, but wow^.

Edit: btw, given the theme of the song, it was great that it was played during the Seventh Son tour.
It's getting more difficult now.
It's just getting started.

Last edited:
Children of the Damned
Run to the Hills
Where Eagles Dare
Die With Your Boots On
Quest for Fire
Sun and Steel
To Tame a Land

I need to protect Still Life. That song is the best on the album.

Voted for The Number Of The Beast, Run To The Hills, Die With Your Boots On, Still Life, Quest For Fire and Sun & Steel.

VWXiuO7.jpg

Eliminated after Round 5:
Quest For Fire - 27 votes
Sun & Steel - 21 votes
Run To The Hills - 19 votes
Children Of The Damned - 12 votes

Promoted after Round 5:
The Prisoner
The Number Of The Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Powerslave joins the game!

7 votes this time too.

• Flight Of Icarus, Still Life, and To Tame A Land as holdovers from previous votes.
  • Losfer Words as the least good song from Powerslave.
  • Reluctantly, Die With Your Boots On, The Duellists, and Back In The Village as the least best songs of the remaining list, as they are merely great, while the rest are even better.

Eliminated after Round 5:
Quest For Fire - 27 votes
Run To The Hills - 19 votes
QFF is still an underrated song. A classic like RTTH is already out, it shows again how strong Maiden's entire discography is. I'm glad The Prisoner was promoted.

This time I voted for:

Where Eagles Dare
Die With Your Boots On
To Tame A Land
Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)
Back In The Village

I miss more verses in WED (the drumming saves the instrumental section) and TTAL, although the latter is a unique song. The instrumental is not at Maiden's highest level (maybe if it was 6-7 minutes long) and BITV has no chance with its chorus.

So long, QFF, we hardly knew ye.

Voted for:
Where Eagles Dare
Flight Of Icarus
To Tame A Land
Aces High
Flash Of The Blade
The Duellists
Back In The Village

Back