IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR 2015: Results - Hallowed wins again!

Satisfied

• Total voters
I mean, Prisoner's not a bad song by any means, but comparing it to all of the songs there, including those with 6-7 votes also, and it's clear it's a weak link.

So Revelations, the song with probably the least variation of all Maiden/w Dickinson songs from the eighties, with very predictable progression and being monotone (constantly the same chords) and repetitive (the "ta da da" theme runs though the whole instrumental mid section), the whole thing just "happens" and doesn't go through any interesting direction, has 4 votes only? Really?

I like Revelations and I disagree that it's an uninteresting and monotone song but I do agree that it's nowhere near the level it's treated as being here. It absolutely isn't better than Still Life or To Tame a Land.

I beg to differ. Revelations is probably Maiden's most beautiful song they've made. Just a lovely atmosphere in the song, as well as great lyrics. Best song on the album imo and probably in my top 10.

it's nowhere near the level it's treated as being here. It absolutely isn't better than Still Life or To Tame a Land.
:yes:

To Tame a Land totally, completely, utterly destroys Revelations. The idea that this epic, glorious, and amazingly rhythmic work of art is eliminated so early... this voting pattern borders towards the idiotic.

Last edited:
Top 20 for me. Still way higher than quite some people out here, I guess.

Its beginning is so mighty. Man, if this would be played again, that would be something. The ground would shake from its force and the crowd jumping up and down.
VanCantoMetalSmiley.gif

:yes:

To Tame a Land totally, completely, utterly destroys Revelations. The idea that this epic, glorious, and amazingly rhythmic work of art is eliminated so early... this voting pattern borders towards the idiotic.
Shame about the borefest that is the lyrics.

Shame about the mindsets that can't take these lyrics and put them in the right c0ntext. It's about a sci-fi literary work. Different for Maiden.
Full of strange names from an imaginary world, and hey, performed extremely well.
And still secondary to the great music that we get. Don't make the lyrics too important, but don't diss them either ==> result: most satisfying.

Last edited:
I have to admit 'he is the Kwizatz Haderach, he is born of Caladan, and will take the Gom Jabbar' really rolls off the tongue! :p

Still don't really want to get rid of these songs.

To Tame a Land does have horrible lyrics. It's that Alexander the Great syndrome, terrible lyrics but music so grand that it makes up for it.

Don't worry, the lynch mobs are currently out chasing the organisers of Download Festival instead.

Back