Iron Maiden Survivor 2012: Rime wins

Vote for your least favourite songs!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner. Go CSIT! Also, I don't care what you people say, but Hallowed at No. 3 is a blasphemy :p

@ CI

JP Survivor is the only game in which I did such thing. Like I've said before, this Survivor is also not going in the way I want it to be. I quit JP because of massive amounts of tactical voting, not because a song that I like got eliminated. My favorite song here is also eliminated, did I quit ?

By the way, Iron Maiden Survivor 2012 is by far the most fun Survivor that I've ever played on this forum.

Sorry CSIT, but I like more Rime of the Ancient Mariner... Do you think there's any chance they will play it in maiden england North-American tour? I don't think so but it's just a matter of time to see the setlist...

In a very close encounter, Rime pulls out in from CSIT and claims victory in the Iron Maiden Survivor of 2012!

Iron Maiden Top 10:
1. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
2. Caught Somewhere in Time
3. Hallowed Be Thy Name
4. Paschendale
5. Dance of Death
6. Powerslave
7. Phantom of the Opera
8. Infinite Dreams
9. Sign of the Cross
10. Wasted Years

I must say that I like probably like this top 10 more than anyone in the past, especially with songs like Sign of the Cross, Dance of Death and Caught Somewhere in Time making it to the top 10. Powerslave and Phantom are slightly too low for my liking, but well they both still made it so can't complain too much. Caught Somewhere in Time making it to #2 in it's first time into the Maiden top 10 is a surprising (and welcoming) sight. And much controversy occurred over Hallowed not reaching the final 2 songs (and all the tactical voting debate but I won't go into detail here).

Thanks for hosting SMX and UO. It was controversial and if nothing else, it was entertaining. I stick to my guns tho and maintain that CSIT reaching #2 is not even an accurate representation of what people dislike least but meh, whats done is done, at least it was fun (that RIMEd, see what I did there? :D).

Think there are only three from my personal list, but all except CSIT are worthy.
Nice to see Sign of the cross and Dance of Death make the cut.
Thanks UO.

Got to pull a few things together, but I should be able to start the Maiden head-to-head soon.

I know I'm late, but I just wanted to say that, regardless of the top 10, it's nice to finally see Rime in its rightful place.

Thanks for hosting SMX and UO. It was controversial and if nothing else, it was entertaining. I stick to my guns tho and maintain that CSIT reaching #2 is not even an accurate representation of what people dislike least but meh, whats done is done, at least it was fun (that RIMEd, see what I did there? :D).

I agree with this. I used to vote for unpopular songs in polls just because I liked 'em and thought they needed support, but that just makes the polls inaccurate. I'd rather have a completely accurate representation of what we voters actually prefer than just, "How cool! CSIT survived even though it's not as good! Let's keep voting for it!"

Tactical voting is different, in my opinion. Take a situation where Rime and Phantom are tied in who will be eliminated next, and CSIT is sitting pretty. I'm not gonna waste my vote on CSIT just because I like it least; I'll vote against Phantom because I want Rime to stay, and I'll complain about it later. :p With tactical voting, you still have that goal of letting what you believe is the best song win. But when you're just voting for a song for the sake of it being an underdog, the agenda is different.

Anyway, thanks for hosting! Love to see some of the songs that made the top 10. CSIT is really the only song that I disagree with, as I wouldn't put it in my top 50, much less top 2.

Back