Iron Maiden Survivor 2012: Rime wins

Vote for your least favourite songs!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually it's a poll of people's least disliked song.

And I hope no one is taking this or my previous post too seriously.

Fantastic outcome. This survivor will go into history as the (temporary?) fall of Hallowed, but more importantly:
the obliteration of the (until now) overrated Revelations.

out of last year's top 10: Revelations (6), Aces High (8), Brighter than a Thousand Suns (9), The Clansman (10)
in top 10: Caught Somewhere in Time (?), Dance of Death (5), Sign of the Cross (9), Wasted Tears (10)

Naturally all these changes have led to a list fitting better to my Top 50.
Thank you, my fans! I am glad you finally see the light. :D ;)

Fantastic outcome. This survivor will go into history as the (temporary?) fall of Hallowed
I don't see these results as realistic because of some tactical votes + people who said they'll vote for Hallowed the moment it appears in the game, even though it's not their least favorite song.

Well mckindog also seemed to suggest he was voting for Hallowed because he wanted this whole thing declared a farce.

And from what I've seen of it, it totally is. I mean, whats with "tactical" votes? You should vote for your least favorite songs on the list, its that simple. Otherwise it isn't an accurate representation of what we like on this forum at all. Might as well move it to the Madness section then. Voting for stuff just because you want to "stir the pot" is just bollocks. I'd love for Isle of Avalon to be top 10 but am I going to tactically vote to help it along? No. Its in my personal top 10 and at the end of the day, I'm happy with that.

If Isle of Avalon would be left in a group of 15 Maiden songs, and there are also certain songs you like less, then what's the problem when you vote for other songs in order to get another Isle of Avalon-survival? That's what this game is about.

I can't judge Mosh's action well. Maybe he does find Hallowed less than CSIT.
It's also possible that he wants Rime to win. It's totally logical that he'd try to exterminate a major concurrent. That's tactical voting, but it serves his purpose and it's totally legitimate.
It's been done often enough, only now it shows because the sacred Hallowed is the victim this time.

Hallowed has lost it's first ever survivor, falling in 3rd place. This year we will have a new champion, the only question is which song will it be, Rime of the Ancient Mariner or Caught Somewhere in Time?

Iron Maiden Top 10:
3. Hallowed Be Thy Name
4. Paschendale
5. Dance of Death
6. Powerslave
7. Phantom of the Opera
8. Infinite Dreams
9. Sign of the Cross
10. Wasted Years

Rime, I really have no say in the matter.

Alright, that's enough.

Caught Somewhere in Time.

By the way about the tactical voting, my favorite Maiden song has died too early (Starblind), the rest of the game for me was just about getting a refreshed Top 10 and helping my second favorite Maiden song (Rime) to win it all. CSIT was representing my favorite Maiden album and also, if Hallowed stayed in the game rather than CSIT, it would make the winning a lot harder for Rime in another Hallowed vs. Rime final matchup. (Though maybe CSIT will win eventually, I don't know) I was mad about last years' Top 10, this one seems fair even though it's not even close to mine. (Only Rime, Hallowed and Paschendale are in my Top 10 from this group.)

Caught Somewhere In Time. First time I'm voting a SIT song IIRC. A really unexpected final battle, not only Hallowed finally got out but it's CSIT that's facing Rime.

All survivors had tactical voting, actually this one had pretty low averages of tactical voting, but it's probably the first time it had a drastic effect on a Survivor, taking down Hallowed Be Thy Name. It's absurd to act like it's a farce.

On the JP Survivor, Dreamer Deceiver was eliminated just to promote The Ripper and Tyrant. By that moment, I've given up on trying to vote regularly. Should I call the JP Survivor a farce ? No. I just called it a blasphemy and left the game, only to come back in the 3rd round of Finals.

It's double standard to see the Maiden one a farce when there are examples like the Priest one.

It's been done often enough, only now it shows because the sacred Hallowed is the victim this time.

And I've been objectant to it every time no matter the band and/or song. I am with Nat on this, I vote my least favourite 3 no matter what. I also think it makes the games more stupid when the votes are "Bottom 3" rather than again, the least favourite (and no, thats not the same thing).

Whilst I acknowledge they are games, the results are frequently used in discussions about albums/artists around this forum.

On the JP Survivor, Dreamer Deceiver was eliminated just to promote The Ripper and Tyrant.
By some, it is tactical voting, for others its just voting. That stands true for both survivors.

By that moment, I've given up on trying to vote regularly. Should I call the JP Survivor a farce ? No. I just called it a blasphemy and left the game, only to come back in the 3rd round of Finals.
So, whereas some of us are raising objections to the way the games are played (hide the votes tbh stops that kind of thing happening to such at extent, at most ppl vote for other songs in HOPE of promotion, not looking at votes and going "Well that songs going to tie so I should tip the scales) instead of "It's not going the way I want, I quit!".

Posting this here because I don't like the bumping of old survivor threads, so I am not going to do that myself.
I can't judge Mosh's action well. Maybe he does find Hallowed less than CSIT.
I do. CSIT is my favorite song on the list right now. I also think Powerslave, Phantom of the Opera, Sign of the Cross and Infinite Dreams are better. For that matter, Hallowed isn't even in my personal top ten, why would I try to keep it in this top ten? The majority of the other songs are better in my opinion. And yes, part of it was tactical voting when it joined the game, and yes me and others decided that we would vote Hallowed as soon as it joined the game. I didn't want to see Hallowed in the #1 spot again. I didn't want to see Rime in that spot either. Why? Because I'm not crazy about those songs like other people.

As for the other top ten songs, I don't see why people are disregarding them as a farce. Forgetting Hallowed, some really good songs made the top ten. I'm glad to see something different, and if people are going to get upset about a different top ten, then there is no point of having another Iron Maiden survivor. I'd rather see different winners and top tens every time, otherwise this game would get boring. If that requires a little tactical voting here and there, so be it.

And there has been tactical voting since SMX first brought these games to the survivor. Hell, even he did it sometimes. I don't think it is worth making a big fuss over, and no, this conversation would not be happening had Hallowed kept its number 1 spot. How do I know? Because this sort of thing has been going on in all survivors since the beginning. Nearly three years now.

Back