Iron Maiden stage sets over the years

Stage sets for LOTB tour 2022 leg (for the 2018/2019 legs of the tour - click here) !

1 - Senjutsu realm (aka the Japanese Palace)
2 - Cathedral realm (with changed decor)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    753.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
The light show for the VXI tour (and for TXF tour actually) was really unique and fitting:
I'm glad they lowered Nicko's drum riser on the tours since then. I'd forgotten how high up he used to be on stage. He's hard enough to see with that wall of square-sized power toms in front of him!

Did they have a big Eddie on the 2010 leg of The Final Frontier tour? I remember 2011 they had the Final Frontier Eddie as a big one but no memory of the 2010, even though it was my first Maiden show.

Did they have a big Eddie on the 2010 leg of The Final Frontier tour?
Nope. The 2010 tour was without big Eddie (only walk-on), which was odd but they probably wanted to save the surprise for the real album tour in 2011. I've said it before but I think they should have used a different stage set (and Eddies) for the 2010 ''Hits'' tour.

Btw, the 2008 tour was also without a big Eddie.

Nope. The 2010 tour was without big Eddie (only walk-on), which was odd but they probably wanted to save the surprise for the real album tour in 2011. I've said it before but I think they should have used a different stage set (and Eddies) for the 2010 ''Hits'' tour.

Btw, the 2008 tour was also without a big Eddie.

They had the big Eddie for the US dates in 2008

It must have just been the Ed Force 1 leg where they left it out, presumably due to cargo capacity!

Correct; the big Eddie and few other props were indeed included in the later leg and major part of the 2008 tour and also in 2009, for the most part anyway. The only exceptions being (I believe) possible logistical challenges with some individual shows. Same thing with the first leg of the 2011 tour: no big Eddie, save for some South American shows that were filmed for En Vivo!

I agree with many fans that in some areas, the Maiden England stage set - like the whole tour, really - was a bit underwhelming, but I really liked the "icy" renditions of classic artwork. There was some other neat stuff too.
view
My least favourite tour in my nearly 30 years of following them. It was annoying that it lasted three years, 2012, 2013, 2014. When they played London 02 I only went to one night, which is unlike me since its my hometown and I would always see every night. When they came back to Europe in 2014, I saw one festival show in France.

I don't what it was, that tour didn't have the magic for me. Setlist squandered the 7th Son theme ... felt like a Maiden jukebox setlist played against the icebergs.

I don't what it was, that tour didn't have the magic for me. Setlist squandered the 7th Son theme ... felt like a Maiden jukebox setlist played against the icebergs.

Might be, but I was still beyond happy for the chance to hear such strong performances of all those Seventh Son songs, like Moonchild, the title track and such... and getting stuff like The Prisoner, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Phantom and Wasted Years in addition to that was amazing!

Of course, my first Maiden gig was in 2011, so the SBIT overlap wasn't quite as tiring for me and hearing Moonchild, Seventh Son and The Clairvoyant live was one of my biggest Maiden dreams at the time, and a couple of years before that I honestly didn't expect that tour to happen, so it holds pretty special meaning for me, even if I totally understand and also agree with many aspects where fans find it somewhat stale, or underwhelming.

My first time seeing Maiden was at Knebworth 2014, so I only have fond memories of that tour. I don't think 16 year old me had more excited for anything than when Doctor Doctor started ringing out over the speakers.

But I can imagine for some people who had seen the band up teenth times before, the setlist was stale

My least favourite tour in my nearly 30 years of following them. It was annoying that it lasted three years, 2012, 2013, 2014.

I agree. But I have to say the setlist was really strong. One thing they could have done was to change the setlist heavily for the 3rd leg.

I think they just shouldn't have based the tour around a single (albeit a big classic) album, although it was for the Maiden England video release.
What I would have done with the History/Hits tours:

1999: the tour stays the same. The band's best classics plus some of the newer songs.
2003: the tour stays the same. Playing more of their classic material and some deep cuts. And it was a short tour.
2005: first 4 albums (or only IM, Killers and NOTB ).
2008/2009: celebrating the Powerslave era with playing all songs from Live After Death live album. Their big success. Or POM + Powerslave.
2010: the tour stays the same, but they should have played only Reunion era songs plus ''Iron Maiden'' (and more TFF songs in the 2011 leg).
2012/2013: SIT + SSOASS, the two special albums in the band's discography. Dunno about the stage set.
2014: 90's era tour plus some of the classics. With not a grand stage set.
2018/2019/2022: the tour stays the same. A great mix of songs from the band's career.

Edit: The next Hits tour (if there is one) should be -> either a proper Reunion celebration (6 albums!) or a Deep Cuts tour from all eras of the band.

Last edited:
I was thinking...

The ring that was used for the backdrops of the 2003 GME tour would have been a great addition to the BNW stage (along with the scaffolds) - but without the Eddies on both sides of it.

My least favourite tour in my nearly 30 years of following them. It was annoying that it lasted three years, 2012, 2013, 2014. When they played London 02 I only went to one night, which is unlike me since its my hometown and I would always see every night. When they came back to Europe in 2014, I saw one festival show in France.

I've seen this sentiment a lot recently, and while I completely understand, I hard disagree. Seventh Son is/was my favorite Maiden album so finally being able to hear those songs live, as well as other songs at the time underplayed (Phantom, Shooting Strangers in the Face, Prisoner) made it an awesome concert to go see. I saw it once in 2012 and again in 2013. The setlist could've definitely been more ambitious and I'm still sad to this day they didn't play Infinite Dreams, but this was a great show.

Back