Iron Maiden Stage Mishaps Collection

Haha, this is great. And it happens right when Janick turns around and he's like "Seriously?" The tech's reaction is priceless too.

Ohhh, I wonder if that was his original priceless Strat that he got from Gillan. (Then we know why he retired it!) Or if it's the Customshop replica of the same guitar... (Slightly less valuable to him perhaps, but at the very least we're talking a couple of thousand pounds in monetary value whatever the case.)

Ohhh, I wonder if that was his original priceless Strat that he got from Gillan. (Then we know why he retired it!) Or if it's the Customshop replica of the same guitar... (Slightly less valuable to him perhaps, but at the very least we're talking a couple of thousand pounds in monetary value whatever the case.)
No it isn't. It's the CS replica that he still uses today. If you look at pics from '99, that guitar had barely any wear on it, while the original '64 was already "trashed".

He retired the original after either X-Factour or VXI tour.

This is more of a technical issue, but pretty funny anyway. Guitars cut out during the final chorus. I love Bruce's reactions... :D 3:57

Well covered. Also a great chance to hear Bruce's voice and Nicko's drums without guitars drowning them out. Both sound good.

Well covered. Also a great chance to hear Bruce's voice and Nicko's drums without guitars drowning them out. Both sound good.
Ye know, I often feel that its the other way round, drums and vocals are too loud relative to guitar and bass. I often have to focus to hear individual guitar lines in Maiden. But yeah, interesting video and the situation was well dealt with

When I saw Maiden at Leeds, the guitars were an indistinct wall of sound. It sounded like Bruce was fighting to be heard. Steve's bass has a tendency to be too loud, too.

Adrian smash the microphone with his guitar at the end of TNOTB solo, Lisbon 2013 (around 3:35 minutes)

Dance Of Death World Tour – January 30, 2004 – During 'Hallowed' Bruce slips and crashed into Nicko's drum kit.

Is there a video somewhere from that?... I quote you here because this is the appropriate thread for it. :)

Adrian smash the microphone with his guitar at the end of TNOTB solo, Lisbon 2013 (around 3:35 minutes)

Is there a video somewhere from that?... I quote you here because this is the appropriate thread for it. :)

Nope... Bruce spoke about that and is pretty pissed off that there is no video.

No, there isn't (I searched the web for a long time to see if I could find it while writing the book. however, Bruce comments about the incident in a bootleg from the day after and there's this:

"The gig was going really well, we weren't too rusty after a few days off and the travel, and then... There is yours truly playing along to Hallowed, when there is a great crash and half my drumset gets scattered by a flying Bruce... And not in a plane this time.

Bruce was sprinting along the top walkway which runs right behind my kit when he slipped on what we later found to be some residual cream from Janick's pie-ing on his birthday at the last show. At first we thought it was really serious. Janick was cradling his neck as though it was broken. Steve hadn't heard all this with all the din on stage and was looking round furiously at Janick as of course he had stopped playing! But Bruce is tough as old boots, he soon got up and just carried on. After the show we had a doctor come and check him out. He strapped him up pretty heavily but thankfully he was fine. And even more importantly so was my kit!!!!" (Excerpt of Nicko in LA – February 1, 2004)

Btw, Dave never falls.... only break his guitars sometimes :bigsmile: (Download Festival 2007 during ''Iron Maiden'').
As sort of choreographed (and maybe a little corny) as that looks, I gotta say: I still love the absolute manic energy on the stage there. Bruce addressing the crowd on all sides but staying strictly in the middle of the stage, Adrian and Steve stationed on the drum riser well away from the two lunatics swinging their guitars around on the left and rightmost parts of the stage. Dave especially, seeing how satisfied he is with his work after destroying his own guitar. Janick just does what he always does and his guitar survives just fine.

He fell off Bruce shoulders in 1999 during the Number of the Beast and was injured, I think a broken finger, and that's why they stopped doing that bit.

That's true. They cancelled the following three concerts because of that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He almost fell off Bruce shoulders in Poland 1984 during TNOTB too. (the full song's performance is included in Behind The Iron Curtain video)
(Adrian's laughing and plays his solo... xd)

As sort of choreographed (and maybe a little corny) as that looks, I gotta say: I still love the absolute manic energy on the stage there. Bruce addressing the crowd on all sides but staying strictly in the middle of the stage, Adrian and Steve stationed on the drum riser well away from the two lunatics swinging their guitars around on the left and rightmost parts of the stage. Dave especially, seeing how satisfied he is with his work after destroying his own guitar. Janick just does what he always does and his guitar survives just fine.

I always liked the wild end during the song ''Iron Maiden'' on every tour. :bigsmile:

Back