Iron Maiden Stage Mishaps Collection

No, there isn't (I searched the web for a long time to see if I could find it while writing the book. however, Bruce comments about the incident in a bootleg from the day after and there's this:

"The gig was going really well, we weren't too rusty after a few days off and the travel, and then... There is yours truly playing along to Hallowed, when there is a great crash and half my drumset gets scattered by a flying Bruce... And not in a plane this time.

Bruce was sprinting along the top walkway which runs right behind my kit when he slipped on what we later found to be some residual cream from Janick's pie-ing on his birthday at the last show. At first we thought it was really serious. Janick was cradling his neck as though it was broken. Steve hadn't heard all this with all the din on stage and was looking round furiously at Janick as of course he had stopped playing! But Bruce is tough as old boots, he soon got up and just carried on. After the show we had a doctor come and check him out. He strapped him up pretty heavily but thankfully he was fine. And even more importantly so was my kit!!!!" (Excerpt of Nicko in LA – February 1, 2004)
"Fucking hell! No! What's going on!? Who's in charge!?" - Steve, probably.

Back