Iron Maiden songs – a rough overview of their “live history”

I just checked my ARDO CD - no Killers. Given how they did record a bunch of lesser-played older songs for that album (Transylvania, Where Eagles Dare, Prowler), I would think that Killers would have been there if it was played.

Thanks for that! I have seen that post before but apparently never realized what the content implies, at least not in that context.

I admit that he says he remembers this. It might have happened indeed.

But I'd like to give it more time before I want to change it. I'd like to know more about it. Can we find someone else on this planet who remembers this? Is there any other source on internet (or anywhere else) to support this statement, or to state that Prowler was played on any gig between 1984 and 1992?

Best thing could be a local newspaper or magazine that surely must have written something about this unique moment.

I don't want to come across as The Unbeliever. I really take this serious, and I am curious for more information.

Yeah, the problem is second night of Cardiff is the only second night NOT bootlegged on the UK tour for SIT.

I also remember reading that Maiden played Sheriff of Huddersfield on the 2nd night at Long Beach on the SIT because it was Rod Smallwood's birthday.  Makes sense because they're both February 17th, but alas that bootleg is missing too.

Mike Portnoy (the drummer for Dream Theater) said a few weeks ago that he would like to do a Kiss tribute band - but only playing those songs which Kiss didn't release on live albums. The more obscure songs, the ones which Kiss rarely played live.

I'd love to see a Maiden tribute band take that approach, and play only the songs Maiden has never played live. What a great set that could be. Nomad, ATG, Unbeliever, Invaders ... drool

I said it before, and I'll say it again: Gangland, although I don't like it in the studio, would kill live.

The singer would kill his voice as well. :p

Man, (next to all those oldies) The Unbeliever, that would be something!

I know that, and it's not exactly what I meant. ;)

Gang laaaa ha ha ha ha ha haaand where to find my trail
Gang laaaa ha ha ha ha ha haaand I'll go up the hill

sheep-redorbit.jpg

Last edited:
SinisterMinisterX said:
I'd love to see a Maiden tribute band take that approach, and play only the songs Maiden has never played live. What a great set that could be. Nomad, ATG, Unbeliever, Invaders ... drool

...And such gems as Chains of Misery and The Apparition. ::)

I quite like that version actually.  They took a risk, changed it around, and made it completely their own.

Wow, there's a great number of awesome songs that were never palyed live. That's a shame.
And im not even talking about the big ones like ATG.

Forostar, here's something i just learned, Wasted Years was played on A Real Live One tour!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY0O3ALysRM

It was played on multiple dates (search youtube "wasted years 1993"), and this is a pro recording as a b-side to HBTN 1993 single.
Actually, Janick did a fairly good job with this solo on that recording.
...and it's rightfully listed on the commentary as a standard setlist entry for A Real Live Tour. How could we missed that?

Zare said:
Forostar, here's something i just learned, Wasted Years was played on A Real Live One tour!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY0O3ALysRM

It was played on multiple dates (search youtube "wasted years 1993"), and this is a pro recording as a b-side to HBTN 1993 single.
Actually, Janick did a fairly good job with this solo on that recording.
...and it's rightfully listed on the commentary as a standard setlist entry for A Real Live Tour. How could we missed that?

Sorry man, I missed this post.

Well, I knew it was played at that tour, I even bought the official recording of it (B-side of HBTN live-single) when it came out.

Somehow I forgot about it when I made this stuff!  :blush:

Thanks, I'll change it immediately!  :ok:

Iron Maiden FAQ at faqs.org lists Invaders played one time, 20/10/1992, Auckland, New Zealand, Logan Campbell Centre.
The FAQ is from 1996, but it's more-less accurate, with one or two errors.
There is no known bootleg of this show.

I don't see any logic of playing Invaders in the middle of the FOTD tour, but if it's true, it's the only time in band's history they've played song they haven't played before (on original tour).

It's not true. I have read several posts on various fora by different people who went to the New Zealand gig.
According to them it wasn't played.

Back