Iron Maiden riffs that got RIZZ!

Siddharth

Long Distance Trooper
Yes folks, you guessed it right, time for Top 10 Maiden riffs! I'm surprised how this topic hasn't been touched before. Anyway, here we go! :shred::shred::shred:

My top 10 riffs:

1. The Trooper (intro/outro + chorus riffs)
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight (main riff)
3. Phantom Of The Opera (intro + main riffs)
4. Powerslave (main riff)
5. Where Eagles Dare (main + mid-section breakdown riffs)
6. When The River Runs Deep (verse riff)
7. Sea Of Madness (main riff)
8. Back In The Village (main riff)
9. Be Quick Or Be Dead (main + pre-chorus riffs)
10. Different World (main riff)

Compared to many other metal bands Maiden is not particularly riff heavy. That said, the ones we tend to get usually are great in some way. Some are heavy (The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg, Montsegur, The Book Of Souls), others more energetic (The Wicker Man, Powerslave, Lord Of Light).

Powerslave as an album has a lot of fantastic guitar work, but much of it is lead playing and layering (with exceptions like the intro for BITV).
My personal favorite collection of riffs is found on AMOLAD.

Compared to many other metal bands Maiden is not particularly riff heavy. That said, the ones we tend to get usually are great in some way. Some are heavy (The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg, Montsegur, The Book Of Souls), others more energetic (The Wicker Man, Powerslave, Lord Of Light).

Powerslave as an album has a lot of fantastic guitar work, but much of it is lead playing and layering (with exceptions like the intro for BITV).

This is literally what I wanted to write.

Alright friends, the poll has been removed so that we stay on topic. I want you to throw your favourite Maiden riffs no matter which album they are from!

Last edited:

I am torn between Powerslave and A Matter of Life and Death.

My favorite collection of riffs are on: Powerslave, SIT, AMOLAD and Senjutsu (they can't shine properly because of the production, especially the title track).

Top 10 riffs is a difficult task, but I'll try (in no particular order):

Powerslave (main riff) - gallop + Egyptian melody forever!
Empire Of The Clouds (the riff after Dave's solo) - it's a very driving and melodic riff, classic Adrian.
El Dorado (main riff) - heavy gallop is a great combo.
Be Quick Or Be Dead (intro/verse) - such fast and aggressive riffs are always cool.
Wasted Years (verse riff) - classic metal riff.
Lord Of Light (verse riff) - riff-y and melodic is perfect.
The Prisoner (intro/verse) - old school metal riff! It's even singalong.
Phantom Of The Opera (intro/verse) - still an amazing riff to this day!
The Parchment (intro/after Adrian's 1st solo/for the fast part) - great collection of heavy and melodic riffs.
The Evil That Men Do (pre-chorus riff) - the melody is too good.

More:
Wrathchild (verse riff) - it was close to Top 10.
22 Acacia Avenue (intro riff)
2 Minutes To Midnight (ofc)
Tailgunner (Janick's riff under Dave's solo) - special mention.
Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger (instrumental section riff)
The Wicker Man (main riff)
Ghost Of The Navigator (verse riff)
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg (main riff)
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns (for the fast part)
For The Greater Good Of God (pre-chorus riff)
Coming Home (pre-chorus riff)
The Talisman (main riff)

... there are more for sure.

Wrathchild (main + breakdown riff)
The Thin Line Between Love & Hate (verse riff)
Lord Of Light (main riff)

P.S. Genghis Khan must be their most "video-game soundtrack" like sounding song.

1.PNG

eR1RgY8.gif

The entire Senjutsu album has been a grower for me but the main riff in the title track totally got a swag of it's own. :shred:
Only issue is, the rhythm parts sounds mostly buried in the final mix.

Back