IRON MAIDEN REFERENDUM 2020: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 5th time!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Like I said, the list was not based on personal opinion. Just a WatchMojo-esque attempt.
Ah I see what you mean... though WatchMojo has some pretty bad lists :p

P.S. : I agree 100% when you say that The Number Of The Beast is the "definitive Maiden song". Although it's simply a borderline top 20 on my list I think it's an excellent tune that portraits exceptionally well what Maiden is all about.

Last edited:
P.S. : I agree 100% when you say that The Number Of The Beast is the "definitive Maiden song". Although it's simply a borderline top 20 on my list I think it's an excellent tune that portraits exceptionally well what Maiden is all about.
I dunno if I’d still call it their definitive song, but it’s a contender for that title.

NOTB does have many Maiden trademarks. A distinctive and pronounced bass line, lyrics based on a well known work of fiction (based on a horror-movie induced dream 'Arry had), two guitar solos, and it showcases Bruce's theatrical vocal abilities.

So actually, the only trademark of early Maiden that is missing here is the galloping bass/guitar. If you look for a good example of the Maiden sound, look no further.

Add to it that the song is catchy as hell (pun intended) and was just a little bit controversial back in the day, and you have a song that deserves its spot among Maiden's most important.

yi1wT33.jpg

Top 10
Powerslave
05. Infinite Dreams
06. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
07. The Evil That Men Do
08. Wasted Years
09. Aces High
10. Alexander The Great

Back