Iron Maiden pictures

Do we have any footage of Dickinson's supposedly awful mustache from Somewhere on Tour? Y'know, the one Rod made him cut during the US leg, I think.

Did he go onstage like that?

Yes, one night in the USA in 1987. Rod wanted him to shave his beard, Bruce could not make up his mind and decided to shave just half of it. There are several pictures in Ross Halfin's What Are We Doing This For? photo book.

EDIT: According to the book, the show was at Thomas Mack Arena in Las Vegas on 29th April 1987.

Last edited:
That's also included on Maiden England, during the little photo montage set over Moonchild's intro. I always found it odd they threw in three or four shots from Somewhere on Tour at the end of that for some reason.

That's also included on Maiden England, during the little photo montage set over Moonchild's intro. I always found it odd they threw in three or four shots from Somewhere on Tour at the end of that for some reason.

Steve's now legendary attention to detail when editing footage! :D

Honestly, he probably just ran out of pictures from the Seventh Tour to use and went "eh who's gonna notice?" Considering the comparatively loud stage getups the band is sporting in those particular pics, I imagine the answer is "just about everyone."

Old picture for you.

Dou3tO5XkAAjs3S.jpg

Back