Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Training to the Scorpions' Fat Boys Running Wild?
Steve will play Jethro Tull's Fat Man song
Nah, keep it in the family:

Can I Play With Fatness
Chains Of Obesity
Fat-U-Real
The Thin Line Of Being Overweight
The Age Of Flatulence
Fatter Than A Thousand Suns
If Obesity Should Fail
The Shredded And The Fat

I'm really uncomfortable with the body shaming going on here, so I think I'll just ask that it end.
One person’s body shaming is another person’s light-hearted joking about the result of what are, in the vast majority of cases, poor personal behavioral choices. And I say this as someone who has been both fat and not fat multiple times over the course of their life.

I suppose joking about someone’s pot smoking would be lung shaming, and joking about Stephen Pearcy’s slurred speech during a show from drinking while popping pills would be medication shaming, then. Would that not also make me the victim of joke shaming here, if we’re taking this line of thought to its natural conclusion?

But since you asked nicely, sure, we can stop having harmless fun to spare everyone the galling onslaught of verbal violence currently on display here. :rolleyes:

Prancercise. Also therapeutic swinging of guitars around heads.
Hey don't joke about it - swinging an electric guitar around your head probably makes for a very effective upper body workout just by itself. And the "prancing" is very similar to some of the dynamic stretches favoured by marathon runners. (And Morris dancing ...)

I'm divided. I'm also on the side of humour and same time I have a lot of respect for someone who has the guts to coming out and express he's being uncomfortable with that.

Fair enough, I respect the candor to speak one's opinions even if (or especially if) worried that they may not be popular. I certainly don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But if you worry about offending anyone with a joke, then you're basically not allowed to say ANYTHING because pretty much EVERYTHING will offend someone online. There are whole constituencies of humanity that exist for that sole purpose.

But this is an IM fan message board. I suspect a lot - if not most - of us enough are past mid field and have spare tires around our bellies.
And there's nothing wrong with having a laugh about that, and we should not be cowed by an online scolding.

But if you worry about offending anyone with a joke, then you're basically not allowed to say ANYTHING because pretty much EVERYTHING will offend someone online. There are whole constituencies of humanity that exist for that sole purpose.

Once more, nicely put. This is the problem with Political Correctness. And this is why in my opinion things like that should not be regulated formally.
However here we have a person that express his discomfort more than once in a very decent way. I would comply.
Keeping this thread decent, my colleague happy and everyone free from (the need for) more regulation.

^Yeap since The Final Frontier, I noticed that the "test of time" period is 3 months. By the end of that I'll know more or less where each Maiden new release is ranked. For Senjutsu I didn't even need that much. It had this AMOLAD or BNW instant effect that you know's gonna last for years.

We all know Dave likes to play Golf but there was this Senjutsu interview in which he mentioned playing tennis if I remember correctly. Ever since then I've been having this weird image in my mind of Dave coming back from the pandemic era super thin and ready to go full Janick mode on stage. I guess not lol.

Also it's not about "bodyshaming". I just want artists I admire to be as healthy as possible. For their sake and for mine too I guess, since I want them to stay healthy and perform for as long as possible.

Fair enough, I respect the candor to speak one's opinions even if (or especially if) worried that they may not be popular. I certainly don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But if you worry about offending anyone with a joke, then you're basically not allowed to say ANYTHING because pretty much EVERYTHING will offend someone online. There are whole constituencies of humanity that exist for that sole purpose.

But this is an IM fan message board. I suspect a lot - if not most - of us enough are past mid field and have spare tires around our bellies.
And there's nothing wrong with having a laugh about that, and we should not be cowed by an online scolding.
That's all very well but it's a bit different when your humour is at your own expense isn't it? There is also something called kindness.

Dave, the handsomest man on the planet in the early '80's, has aged more visibly than any of his bandmates and the last two years have been particularly unkind to him. I'm just curious to know why anyone would find that amusing?

Back