Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

We live in a world where some people think TXF is the best Maiden album. Keeping that in mind anything can happen!
1631220141172-gif.17079

Last edited:
Dickinson France Inter, a rather elitist radio ? o_O. Iron Maiden is really recognized as a kind of institution. The fact that he now lives in Paris must have helped, but yet, this is quite an achievement for a Metal band.

Not that genius. See what happened when Adrian & Brucie left.
He’d better keep them happy.
What happened? He wrote a fantastic album. Sure, he should not have produced it, but the songs... Maiden can't do without Bruce the singer, but it can do without Bruce the songwriter, and Adrian's contribution on the last two records is not that brilliant if you ask me.

What happened? He wrote a fantastic album. Sure, he should not have produced it, but the songs... Maiden can't do without Bruce the singer, but it can do without Bruce the songwriter, and Adrian's contribution on the last two records is not that brilliant if you ask me.

“Fantastic” is quite subjective.
Let’s look the facts. Maiden were non stop shrinking; they were playing in small venues (I saw them in an audience of 200 -300 in 1996) and with that trend they were in, god knows if they were to exist by 2005.

The facts tell us that Harris is far more dependent of Bruce & Adrian than some people would like to believe.

Let’s look the facts. Maiden were non stop shrinking; they were playing in small venues (I saw them in an audience of 200 -300 in 1996) and with that trend they were in, god knows if they were to exist by 2005.

The facts tell us that Harris is far more dependent of Bruce & Adrian than some people would like to believe.
Yes, commercialy for sure, but creatively, it seems to me the man is doing quite well on his own.

Dickinson France Inter, a rather elitist radio ? o_O. Iron Maiden is really recognized as a kind of institution. The fact that he now lives in Paris must have helped, but yet, this is quite an achievement for a Metal band.
Now, Bruce lives in London. He left Paris after the last lockdown as he've said in the interview for Rock Hard France. ;)

Yes, commercialy for sure, but creatively, it seems to me the man is doing quite well on his own.

Dear, make no mistake in the music business there’s music and there’s business ;)

But even artistically he was in doubt*, I remember an interview with Lars Ulrich (Lars being the interviewer) Steve was didn't cease to seeking feedback from Lars. He didn’t seem much confident Lars was avoiding to give feedback and the interview had some heated reactions especially from Steve.

*Blaze era I think TXF

Dear, make no mistake in the music business there’s music and there’s business ;)

But even artistically he was in doubt*, I remember an interview with Lars Ulrich (Lars being the interviewer) Steve was didn't cease to seeking feedback from Lars. He didn’t seem much confident Lars was avoiding to give feedback and the interview had some heated reactions especially from Steve.

*Blaze era I think TXF

Wait what? Lars interviewed Steve in TXF era and kept asking Lars for feedback or didn't? Not sure I'm understanding properly.

I didn't notice that.
After the third question "Comment un hyperactif comme toi a-t-il vécu les différentes périodes de confinement qui ont émaillé l'année passée ?", Bruce is answering "Par la suite, je suis revenu m'installer à Londres et je dois bien avouer que, ces derniers mois, j'ai commencé à trouver le temps long." ;)

Wait what? Lars interviewed Steve in TXF era and kept asking Lars for feedback or didn't? Not sure I'm understanding properly.

Lars was the interviewer. At some point Steve kept on asking feedback on then current Maiden music from Lars and Lars was avoiding it, but with a hint of irony.

So Steve lost his temper and told him “you would if you couldn’t don’t you”. Then the facilitator had to intervene something like “Gentlemen please” etc in order they continue.

I read this interview shortly before AMOLAD, maybe August 2006, in Maidenfans.com main site take a look it may be still there.

Lars was the interviewer. At some point Steve kept on asking feedback on then current Maiden music from Lars and Lars was avoiding it, but with a hint of irony.

So Steve lost his temper and told him “you would if you couldn’t don’t you”. Then the facilitator had to intervene something like “Gentlemen please” etc in order they continue.

I read this interview shortly before AMOLAD, maybe August 2006, in Maidenfans.com main site take a look it may be still there.
Interesting! I'd like to read a copy of that interview. I'll see if I can find it.

I read that back in the day, and my memory of it was Steve and Lars were quite matey in it.

EDIT: Specifically remember Lars saying that he thought SIT was great even though the press were critical at the time, and Steve saying Load was great.

55? I wouldn´t rate VirtuaI XI or DOD that low.
The man definitely needs a new pair of ears.
Well, I would definitely rate The X Factor and Virtual XI that low, so it’s not totally beyond the pale.

If someone only likes Maiden at a cocaine-fueled gallop, they’ll probably hate Senjutsu for the most part, thinking “Stratego” is the closest thing to a good song on it, but still sounding tired by their standards. There’s no accounting for taste.

Exactly. I think Steve wrote some great stuff during the 90s (Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Fear of the Dark, Sign of the Cross), some good songs (Childhood's End, The Clansman) and a significant amount of mediocre stuff, at least compared with his purple patch during the 80s.

Back