Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

The best guitarists of all times according to french version of Rolling Stone magazine.

Thanks a lot for sharing, but Adrian AND Dave? Are they joined at the hip?
Normally, it is not terribly difficult to recognize their respective typical style.

The best guitarists of all times according to french version of Rolling Stone magazine.

Crappy list if you ask me. Tom Morello at #18? come on! Where is Gary Moore, Michael Schenker, Marty Friedman, Steve Vai #127, Joe Satriani#94…
About James Hetfield and Kirk Hammet…they're always at top numbers but they're completely overrated.
I've consulted the whole list and OMG…
Andy Summers at #250 ? It's a great guitarrist and see Paul Simon or Steve Jones in better positions and see Paul Mcartney above Nuno Betancourt…

I love lists but this kind of lists made by people of pop magazines…
Anyway thanks for sharing!!!

Last edited:
"I'm going, 'Hang on a minute. Hey, you sang that without moving your lips.' So there's all this backing vocals being flown in left, right and center and everything. But we don't do any of that."

The backing vocals on Book of Souls Tour Powerslave version are obviously backing tracks:

I think they should have done what they did back in 1997:

Crappy list if you ask me. Tom Morello at #18? come on! Where is Gary Moore, Michael Schenker, Marty Friedman, Steve Vai #127, Joe Satriani#94…
About James Hetfield and Kirk Hammet…they're always at top numbers but they're completely overrated.
Andy Summers at #250 ? It's a great guitarrist and see Paul Simon or Steve Jones in better positions and see Paul Mcartney above Nuno Betancourt…

The list definitely has some issues, but imo Hetfield is one of the best and most important rhythm guitarists in metal, his downpicking stamina is/was insane and that style of play is equally as influential as the Maiden gallop.

No list is perfect but this is honestly one of the best in the updated series that Rolling Stone have been doing lately. Tom Morello definitely deserves to be up there, super innovative player. There are plenty of guitarists who I'd have put on there - Dave Mustaine and Buckethead, for instance - but it's also nice that they've started putting more attention to the heavier spheres. Having Dave and Adrian reach #83 was genuinely fantastic to see. I kind of expected them to rank outside the top 200, if at all. Lovely surprise.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the biggest flaw IMO: Kerry King at #100. Come on, and without Jeff Hanneman?? The latter has always been the better guitarist. And you have Dimebag and Slash outside of the Top 100! Jesus. But still, fun list overall. Time for me to go make my own!

This guy on the video is too hairy of the face to be me... And doesn't have my pretty face... So, no, it's not me, but a guy that I'm following on YouTube because he's a Maiden fan like me and because he has interesting points of view about metal. :)

That added to the fact that I'm not a man... ;)
I refuse to watch that dudes videos anymore because I hate the BS clickbait title shit he does. Its relentless.

I refuse to watch that dudes videos anymore because I hate the BS clickbait title shit he does. Its relentless.
Plus his videos don't say anything useful -- he just blathers on, saying obvious shit for as long as possible to pump ad revenue.

As far as clickbait goes, just about every YouTube video has a stupid exaggerated pose from the host(s) or some over-the-top title with big arrows or circles on it to try to grab your attention, and it's all ridiculous.

Back