Iron Maiden in the strangest places

Sometimes an Iron Maiden song shows up in the most unexpected places. I remember some years ago on a Belgian evening talk show. One of the guests was an actor who also sung opera. The house band introduced him by playing a part of Phantom Of The Opera. :cool:

Not a song itself, but I remember seeing an Iron Maiden at the Museum of Witchcraft in Potes, Spain, back in 1996 (the Blaze years, hence the small place).

When I started studying, the graphic novel Persepolis about a girl growing up in and outside revolutionary Iran was all the rage. I was kind of reluctant to read it because it was all artsy and all that, but when I did, not only did I realise it was very different from what I expected, but, well... see for yourselves.

Screen-Shot-2015-11-14-at-8.28.12-PM.png

Fantastic graphic novel!

Allegedly, they wanted to use Maiden songs for the film and Maiden did not give their permission. :mad:

Edit: Iron Maiden wanted too much money for letting the filmmakers use one of their songs in the film

Last edited:
I created a thread about this at the time but it is worthy of a repost. When Paula begun to recite the lyrics, I thought that I recognised them. When she mentioned Iron Maiden, I let out a little cheer. It was loud enough to make my wife come in from the kitchen to find out what was going on!

As an athletics fan and amateur runner myself, I cannot love this enough!

It was so unexpected. Plus, who doesn’t love Paula Radcliffe! I used to run lots, but I have been struggling with injuries for two years :(
I used to ran daily after work and also forest and street runs but due to back and knee problems had to quit. Hope you recover from your injuries.
The runner´s high is one of the greatest body/mind experiences.

Flash of the Blade was used in a horror movie in the late 80's Sorry don't remember the name but most recently I caught a Maiden shirt in Ted Lasso

Resized_20230409_210037.jpg

I found the movie....Its called Creepers (also Phenomena) and it was from 1985. Shocked maiden liscensed a song the first year it was out. Notice the callout in the movie poster for Maiden and Motorhead. Movie not good.... the soundtrack is excellent. LOL

2.PNG

Im not sure if this qualifies. But Iron Maiden is mentioned frequently in my new book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BV4KDMMC. I just released it. Not an author but a HUGE Maiden fan and decided to write a book. Easter egg: Can you find Eddie in the cover? I am a photographer and took the shot during the 2012 tour in Chicago.

AMAZON_RPage_BookCover_V1 6X9 2623E.jpg

Sometimes in the States when they go to commercial during an NFL game I have heard run to the hills! Two or three times now- but usually after a touchdown is scored by a running it in.

I get a chuckle each time.
I noticed that recently too. Maiden playing at NFL games. WOW

On Richard Osman’s The Bullet that Missed, page 311. One character is talking about past experiences and mentions “I once did LSD in Bratislava with Iron Maiden”.

I found the movie....Its called Creepers (also Phenomena) and it was from 1985. Shocked maiden liscensed a song the first year it was out. Notice the callout in the movie poster for Maiden and Motorhead. Movie not good.... the soundtrack is excellent. LOL

View attachment 27860

Very great movie and "Flash Of The Blade" song fits perfectly to the story. :)

Im not sure if this qualifies. But Iron Maiden is mentioned frequently in my new book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BV4KDMMC. I just released it. Not an author but a HUGE Maiden fan and decided to write a book. Easter egg: Can you find Eddie in the cover? I am a photographer and took the shot during the 2012 tour in Chicago.

View attachment 27862

I found Eddie : he's on the middle right side of the cover... ;)

Back