Iron Maiden in the strangest places

When I started studying, the graphic novel Persepolis about a girl growing up in and outside revolutionary Iran was all the rage. I was kind of reluctant to read it because it was all artsy and all that, but when I did, not only did I realise it was very different from what I expected, but, well... see for yourselves.

Screen-Shot-2015-11-14-at-8.28.12-PM.png

Watching the film Dune for the first time (when not realizing yet what To Tame a Land was all about, nor ever having read the books).
Of course, Dune crept into Maiden... but for me it was the other way around. It was a huge surprise to suddenly hear Arrakis, Caladan (and all that heap Cornfed hates in this fantastic song) in the film. o_O

Sometimes in the States when they go to commercial during an NFL game I have heard run to the hills! Two or three times now- but usually after a touchdown is scored by a running it in.

I get a chuckle each time.

I´ve seen rockshirts in Belgian clothing shops but never Maiden.
german C&A atm is running sort of a concept sale based on classic Hard Rock and Heavy Metal bands. so they have a few Metallica shirts, also AC/DC - and as to Maiden I've seen LAD and PS yet for a tenner each. the usual the C&A quality, but hey: Powerslave does look surprisingly good as the shirt itself isn't black but kinda sand brown. looks definitely better than the one from the official Maiden merch actually. btw: the new Marvel style shirts on ironmaiden.com look very weird I think, seen them ones??

Last edited:
Think I've seen Maiden shirts at H&M 15 years ago or so.

Maiden got name-dropped in an episode of British sitcom Only Fools and Horses. The main character Del holds a séance in his local pub (for profit, of course) with a medium named Elsie Partridge. It doesn't go according to plan...

Del – Did [the séance] go well?

Rodney – Er… not quite as well as we’d expected.

Albert – It was a total cock-up from where I was standing.

Del – Well, somebody tell me.

Cassandra – Well, you know those posters you put in the pub windows with "The Séance" and the ghostly face?

Del – Yeah, yeah.

Cassandra – Well a lot of people got the wrong impression. They thought The Séance was a group.

Rodney – The place was packed with punk rockers. There was Special Brew everywhere, people shouting ‘Aceed’, all that.

Cassandra – They were expecting to see an Iron Maiden-type band.

Rodney – Then Elsie Partridge walked out in her hat. They weren’t best pleased, Del. Fortunately she remained in a trance throughout the riot.

It was first shown in 1989, so given the subject matter I'm disappointed no Seventh Son tracks were played. Still a classic episode. :lol:

Last edited:
On tonight´s episode of Blokken, a daily quiz on Belgian national television, they showed a fragment of Wasted Years live.
Question: Which famous British heavy metalband is this?
Both contestors knew the answer but weren´t fans. Ben, the host who himself is a drummer in a rockband and musicfan (he often wears bandshirts: Pink Floyd, Ramones, Stones,...) said they were special. He also spoke about their upcoming gig in Antwerp.

Was watching a documentary from 1984 called "Streetwise" juts last night and one of the kids was wearing a world piece tour jacket

Not a slam-dunk reference, but you never know:

Back