Iron Maiden Album Survivor: Somewhere in Time Wins!

Vote for your least favourite album!

• Somewhere in Time

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters

Jupz

Ancient Mariner
Hey everyone! After the Maiden B-Sides survivor finished, I wanted to keep up the string of Maiden survivors in the off-season from the main one with an album survivor! Not sure if this has been done before, but I thought it would be interesting. If for some reason it shouldn't be done, don't be afraid to delete it mods :) I think you all know what to do! Just vote for your 3 least favourite albums. We'll be having 2 day rounds, should be done within a month :) Also, don't feel like you have to use all 3 votes. If you can't decide, please just put down 2 votes or even just 1.

1. Somewhere in Time
2. Powerslave
3. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
4. Piece of Mind
5. The Final Frontier
6. A Matter of Life and Death
7. Brave New World
8. The Number of the Beast
9. The X Factor
10. Iron Maiden
11. Dance of Death
12. Killers
13. Virtual XI
14. No Prayer for the Dying
15. Fear of the Dark

Re: Iron Maiden Album Survivor

Interesting idea, and only 15 albums so won't take long at all.

No Prayer for the Dying, Fear of the Dark, Killers (finally got Virtual XI the other day and it's not bad at all but still in the lower half of Iron Maiden albums)

Iron Maiden
Fear Of The Dark
X Factor

Never knew the X Factor and Virtual XI were that badly disliked here. Surprised NPTFD only has 5 votes.

Great idea, it came to my mind too but I was too lazy to create one.

Fear of the Dark
No Prayer for the Dying
Killers

Fear of the Dark is the only Iron Maiden album I don't really like. I don't hate it of course but it just isn't on the same league as the other albums. I mean I'd give FOTD 2 stars out of 5, NPFTD 3, Killers 4. Virtual XI and Killers are on the same league for me, it was hard to choose one of them.

The X Factor has far too many votes by the way.

Jupz said:
the X Factor
I've never really liked that album much. I know some people (Perun always jumps to my mind) absolutely love the album. But I, on the other hand can't bring myself to enjoying it. I think it's Maiden's worst produced album, and I don't really like the dark mood. However, it seems to be growing at a slow rate, and Sign Of The Cross is perhaps my favorite Maiden song.

Re: Iron Maiden Album Survivor ROUND 1

Stallion Duck said:
I've never really liked that album much. I know some people (Perun always jumps to my mind) absolutely love the album. But I, on the other hand can't bring myself to enjoying it. I think it's Maiden's worst produced album, and I don't really like the dark mood. However, it seems to be growing at a slow rate, and Sign Of The Cross is perhaps my favorite Maiden song.
Fair enough. I actually quite like the production, it adds to the mood for me :)

Yea it tends to take away from the potential. A good example is Look For The Truth. The bad production kind of ruins it for me.

Yeah I see what your saying there, it probably could have been better but it doesn't ruin it for me, Look for the Truth is my most played song on that album :)

Jupz said:
Never knew the X Factor and Virtual XI were that badly disliked here. Surprised NPTFD only has 5 votes.
I don't dislike those albums, they just don't stand a chance against the others.

Great idea for a survivor. Maybe the next survivor game could be Iron Maiden live albums. That way Hallowed Be Thy Name could get all of the top 10 spots!

No Prayer (easlily)
Virtual XI (also easily)
X Factor (like FotD slightly better)

How about a survivor for best of albums? :p

Back