IRON MAIDEN ALBUM REFERENDUM 2020: Results -> Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son wins!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Correct. I’d rank Virtual XI higher than Seventh Son and AMOLAD. Depending on the day, over SiT too.
:eek:Holy Canoli!
No Canoli... just this :bigsmile::

10978.jpg

P.S. : We need a metal Torquemada. I assure you guys we do.

I bet he wasn´t serious.
I am. The concept on SSOASS doesn’t mesh together; it feels like they half-assed it to make the record flow better. The songs are all good to great, but after the title track the album dips drastically. It’s gone from one of my favorite albums ever to just a great album, but I’m always a little disappointed at the end. The fact that the runtime is short too adds to my dismay.

And AMOLAD has Out Of The Shadows, one of the most boring Maiden songs ever. VXI is a much more cohesive work and none of the songs are as bad as OOTS, so yes, I’d rank it higher.

As far as SiT goes, I think it’s mostly terrific, but Bruce holds it back with his performance. Sea Of Madness would be so much better if it didn’t sound like he was just having a lark during it. Say what you will about Blaze, but he was absolutely committed during his stint with the band. I will take a Blaze giving it all that he’s got than a tired Bruce, even if the latter is technically still the better singer.

none of the songs are as bad as OOTS
Let's see...

The Angel And The Gambler (it's not only worse... it's an abomination)
Lightning Strikes Twice (has its charm but still not as good)
When Two Worlds Collide (absolute snoozefest... so obviously nope)
Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger (complete mess of a composition... just no)
Como Estais Amigos (also has some qualities and I really enjoy much more the acoustic version Blaze plays... I think that's the way it should be but as it appears on Virtual is merely ok and not on the same level of OOTS)

So, not only I disagree that OOTS is worst than any song in Virtual but also it is better than more than 2/3 of the album while being one of AMOLAD least good tunes.

Reactions: Yax
Let's see...

The Angel And The Gambler (it's not only worse... it's an abomination)
Lightning Strikes Twice (has its charm but still not as good)
When Two Worlds Collide (absolute snoozefest... so obviously nope)
Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger (complete mess of a composition... just no)
Como Estais Amigos (also has some qualities and I really enjoy much more the acoustic version Blaze plays... I think that's the way it should be but as it appears on Virtual is merely ok and not on the same level of OOTS)

So, not only I disagree that OOTS is worst than any song in Virtual but also it is better than more than 2/3 of the album while being one of AMOLAD least good tunes.

I like VXI, but I get why a lot of people don't.

I like VXI, but I get why a lot of people don't
It's merely ok but has its flaws and shows a band lacking ideas. But hey... at lest it's not Fear Of The Dark where 2/3 of the songs are poor, WTF moments that resemble everything but Maiden. At least VXI is all the way unmistakable Maiden (except for that "don't you think I Can Save You?" thing). Just not much inspired. Still has Futureal, The Clansman and even The Educated Fool is a really cool song.

Maiden have never written a song dripping with so much utter emotion as Como Estais Amigos. It’s a brilliant composition and Blaze gives it his absolute all. Only Rime and Empire beat it for me. (Aces High follows behind, making them my Top 4 from Maiden.)

Agree about Amigos (I don't have it that high, but still), but then you had to fuck it up and put Empire there. You just had to, didn't you? You just possibly couldn't restrain yourself, could you?

Also, the poll is closed and AMOLAD has the most votes. Fuck this, I'm out.

Back